Keep an eye on your fuel

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Keep an eye on your fuel

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chaps..

I'm not sure how this might effect FSXers but I've been poodling around in the Dh89 in FS9 the past week and have noticed a few variations in available fuel for my next flight.. this when I've finished one and booked another in the same aircraft. The usual variation has been around 2kg which is nothing in a jet but a lot more in a Rapide!! My last flight was Glasgow to Benbecula. I started with 192kg tanked and didn't add any for the flight.. there being enough onboard. On landing at Benbecula, both the aircraft and fuel report showed I had 118kg remaining. I'd shutdown the engines as I always do.
I booked the next flight.. Benbecula to Tiree and when I opened the client, it reported an initial fuel of 70kg plus 48kg in the 'Add fuel' box giving me a total of 118kg. This has effectively lost 48kg between flights.

I've reported the anomaly at FSA and I'll wait a month or so to see if it gets a response.. not 8)

FS9ers in particular, keep an eye on your tanked fuel. The odd 2kg has been with us for a while now and FSA aren't going to do anything about it but on this flight in particular.. something has gone drastically wrong. If FSA is knicking the odd 48kg here and there in FSX, it'll have to be stopped.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Keep an eye on your fuel

Post by DaveB »

Okey doh..

I've been 'talking to myself' over at FSA for days now re' Rapide AGLE at Benbecula. I've tried everything I can think of from cancelling the flight and re-booking it to uninstalling and reinstalling the client but whatever I do, the client reports 70kg of fuel tanked instead of 118kg as reported in the aircraft data both here and at FSA (I appreciate what we see here is drawn from FSA).

I've told them that AGLE will remain grounded and off-station until the problem is resolved. From the responses I've received (none to date) I doubt the thread has even been read 8)

I know this leaves us short of a Rapide at Glasgow but please leave AGLE where it is for now. FSA may attempt to resolve the issue at some point in the future *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I've just found another.. this time an FSX flight.

Islander G-BLDV at Dyce with 39kg fuel reported onboard. Opened the client and it showed 4kg tanked. I know the aircraft hasn't been used for a while but this amount of evaporation is a bit ott don't you think.

The flight report shows initial fuel 39kg (correct) fuel bought 80kg (correct.. I didn't want to end with 4kg again!!) fuel departure 84kg, fuel takeoff 83kg.

I'm gonna book another flight with it to see if my landing fuel has remained tanked. With the Rapide.. it reverted to the previous figure so I'm half expecting fuel to show as 4kg again at Wick in the Islander! We shall see 8)

I've reported this at FSA but on present form, I doubt I'll get a response this side of my retirement.. if at all :|
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

An apology..

In an attempt to get to the bottom of the Rapide's fuel discrepancy (G-AGLE).. I've run it twice more culminating in a planned running dry at EDI. Unfortunately, a consequence of this is I've taken a -15% hit (which doesn't bother me outside the fact FSA should have been around to fix this themselves!!!!!) and the airline has suffered a -4% confidence hit. My passengers were at no time in danger.. in fact they were happy as larry sat on the apron while I revved the taters off it to exhaust the fuel :lol:

At last.. it seems that this plan has worked. I quickly rebooked another flight in AGLE and both FSA and the client reported zero fuel onboard. To be honest, I half expected it to read -2kg but it didn't. Fingers crossed this is the end of the fuel issue with AGLE and again, my apologies for forcing a confidence hit on the airline.

As an aside.. I've not seen any of the mods up at FSA for a week and believe me.. I've been up loads of times hoping for a response to the fuel problem. I did read a comment made some weeks ago by Konny saying he'd had too many holidays and that both Joe Fremont and Matt had personal issues.. moving house.. that sort of thing. Still.. you'd think they'd leave SOMEONE to guard the fort wouldn't you.. not just all pee off and leave the place deserted. This little episode may just well force me back into retirement again :|

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I'm hoping to get some time to take a 146 up this weekend so I'll keep an eye out for any angels share of fuel. ;)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Confirmed. Two further flights in AGLE show the fuel issue is now resolved. It is now available for fleet use ;)

Airline rating back to 120 too :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage