VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

lost flight

Post by saltysplash »

Hi folks

Since yesterday I've been trying to fly a 1-11 500 from eddm to egll on route CBF5233

The sim kept crashing to desktop at every attempt. I tried different flight levels, changing scenery settings, disabling add on scenery and aircraft, no atc no weather all to no avail.
I wasnt even getting 40 miles out of munich so couldnt even divert :wall:

My last attempt was at about midnight last night, so this morning ive had to do yet another full install and upon looking at FSAirlines I find the flight is no longer booked?

Does this mean FSAir have cancelled the flight and fined the airline? If so im terribly sorry.

I've tested my new install and so far its running fine.

Will try the flight again and hopefully will be able to get back on track

Geoff

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Re: lost flight

Post by saltysplash »

Flight completed this time using a stock install no add ons except the aircraft and it ran a smoothly :thumbsup:

Will add my extras one at a time and hope that will be my last re-install.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Geoff :hello:

It's so frustrating when this sort of thing happens :rant:

Don't worry about losing the flight. The airline isn't punished and all that happens is you loose the wages you were going to get for it ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

DaveB wrote:Hi Geoff :hello:

It's so frustrating when this sort of thing happens :rant:

Don't worry about losing the flight. The airline isn't punished and all that happens is you loose the wages you were going to get for it ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
Thanks Dave thats a relief.

4 flights now 2 being revenue without a hitch so ill start adding my extras one by one and see which if any conflicts

Cheers

Geoff

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Good luck with that Geoff ;)

I was sat watching FSX using it's resources with REX E+O/D this evening and it hung twice for no apparent reason. Physical memory in use was only 63% and the CPU was trucking along happily. Next thing.. FSX is not responding! Absolutely no idea why :dunno: I'll fiddle a bit more before I dare go 'live' with it :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Dave :hello: By hang, did it freeze but with the sound still "looping" ? Usually hangs for 8 min with Task manager reporting "not responding" If left long enough (8mins ) the sim returns to normal and flight can continue but no saying it wont freeze again Plagued with this problem for quite some time which spoilt any long haul flights (or short for that matter) Though it was temperature related as it seemed worse on warm days But by altering the priority of FSX in task manager to higher, I very rarely have the issue now ( touch wood)
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Dale :hello:

Yes mate.. exactly that. Not had it happen with FSX at all before so was quite surprised. Not sure if it was just having a bad hair day or what. Spent the evening chasing Clemenceau in a Scimitar and Nimrod at low level with REX running and it was fine :dunno:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi mate :hello: Yes its a pain. Seems to manifest itself more when pushing the boundaries of the system But thats the only way to run fsx :lol: Much spouted about it on forums (google fsx freezes) but no firm solution Happens on Intel and amd multi core processors and either graghic chipsets ati or the other ( getting late ) Said i improved much by setting the priority to higher So long as you have win 7 I will pm you the batch file that does it automatically when starting fsx
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Okey Doh :) Just had a fatal error with REX running so I need something :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

type:
start /high fsx.exe to a text editor and save the file as say startfsx.bat to the desktop. Click on this file (icon) to start fsx in high priority mode Found this tweak helps the " freezing up" problem. dunno about CTDs though :dunno:
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image