lost flight

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: lost flight

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate :hello:

No.. a fatal error is a new one on me too. I suspect REX is the culprit here *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

Well it looks like im going to fail to complete another flight.

After several weeks of trouble free flying I suddenly start Crashing to Desktop on my current booked flight.
Ive made 3 attempts, 1 at x1 simrate and 2 at x2 & x4 respectively and all CTD at or around approaching Munich.
Ive treid varying the route on each flight and at different FL.

Ive not made any changes, not added any aircraft or scenery, not changed any settings and suddenly out of the blue this :wall:

The prosect of another complete reinstall gives me the shivers.

Ill try and do a few non revenue flights to see if it occurs without the FS client running before I risk booking another flight :(

Geoff

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Geoff, i had an issue similar to this a while ago and it turned out to be a rouge ai traffic file. Have you any custom AI installed? You could always try a flight to a different airport to see if its localized to Munich. Which aircraft are you flying when this happens?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

Hi Ben.

It was my first revenue flight in a Trident 2 following the Trident training flights which all went smothly.

My AI traffic is governed by traffic 360 to which ive not made any changes or introduced any custom ai.

I will try some other flights in th Tri2 and other a/c to see if the same issue occurs around munich.

Its just so frustrating when youve made no known changes, Is it possible routine updates to windows may cause issues?
Geoff

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Not impossible mate, but unlikely in this event. I used to get this every time I left Heathrow and had to go east through London City Airspace. I tried doing the same flight without using the ATC and got much further. I think on that occasion there was a problem with the ATC setting at the EGLC airport I had installed, and George pointed me in the direction of an update over at UK2000 to correct the problem. Do you have any addon scenery at Munich or the surrounding area? If so try disabling it in the scenery library and see if you get the same issue.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

No, the only scenery I have is orbx England and Scotland.

Ill do some non VA testing when I finish my current set of shifts and see ho it gets on.

Oh well, at least 'Over Flanders Fields' still runs ok the downside is i keep getting jumped by Albatrosses

Thanks for the thoughts

Geoff

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

After much testing and banging of head :wall: I think ive finally sorted it.

I eventually uninstalled Traffic 360 even though it was working fine up to this problem and have now managed 2 non VA flights in the Trident without issue.

Finger crossed I'm back in business, just no other traffic in my virtual world :( Its lonely out there.#

So if anyone has any simple tutorials on how to add AI traffic and static Aircraft I'd be very interested. (emphasis on the simple) :lol:

Cheers

Geoff