Divert

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

northantsflyer
Viscount
Viscount

Divert

Post by northantsflyer »

I had to divert to Halifax on way to JFK due to strong head winds and fuel not being sufficient. Gone back in this morning to pick up and the flight has disappeared?
Kindest Regards
Northants Flyer

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Divert

Post by DaveB »

Hi Scott :)

I've had a quick look and the flight appears fine.. that is, there were no minuses showing on the flight manifest except for pay and fuel. Last time I had to divert.. almost everything was minus :dunno: Have you tried opening the client. You shouldn't need to book the onward flight.. this should be done automatically.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

northantsflyer
Viscount
Viscount

Post by northantsflyer »

Will give that a go

Cheers
Kindest Regards
Northants Flyer

northantsflyer
Viscount
Viscount

Post by northantsflyer »

Looked via the client but no, its all gone !! Does this mean we have a VC10 stranded in Halifax !!! :dunno:

Oooops
Kindest Regards
Northants Flyer

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Scott :hello:
I've had this follow on flight disappearing You need to take and fly it smartish I think it will disappear 24 hrs from the original flight booking time maybe wrong but that's when about when mine vanished. I was lucky that the airport I diverted to had scheduled flights for that a/c type. If that's not the case for you you'll need to get Dave to set up a ferry flight for it
Atb
Dale
Image Image Image

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Don't know what's happened here.
I've set up VC10 flights CYHZ -> KJFK, so we should be alright now and if it ever happens again.

Cheers
David
ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

The divert system never worked 100%. I know Konny and Joe tried hard to get it to, but for some reason, if anything was out of sorts, it wouldn't always rebook properly.

The safest thing to do if diverting is to land, end the flight, cycle the FSAirlines client and immediately depart again. If time is an issue, DO NOT go to the website. For some reason that will kill the auto-booked flight sometimes. I've never gotten a consistent cause because sometimes it was trying to look to see if you had a booked flight and sometimes it was just logging in and sometimes it was when you looked into the flightplan page. But basically, the safest thing to do is not go to the FSAirlines website at all until you've finished the flight.

northantsflyer
Viscount
Viscount

Post by northantsflyer »

That nay be what happened I went to the web site 'just to check the flight had auto generated' it had, but the next time I went in to fly it (within 24hrs) it had gone. Anyway I will book the newly created flight later this week when time allows. Thanks all for your input.

Cheers
Kindest Regards
Northants Flyer