Aircraft Status

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Aircraft Status

Post by adysmith »

I am on my fourth training flight now and I promise I do not land and leave the aircraft with zero fuel in it.

Nevertheless every time I book the aircraft for my next leg it shows it is 100% perfect (I know I am a sky god and my landings are perfect) and zero fuel tanked from previous flight.

Am I doing something wrong?

Adt
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Aircraft Status

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ady :lol:

No.. you're not doing anything wrong. As you're currently a pilot under training and the flights are training flights.. think of them as being 'in the sim' rather than live flights. This is why whatever fuel you did have reverts back to what it was before you fuelled up. On completion of your 6th training flight.. you'll be awarded 'Pilot' status (God willing) and on to 'Live' flights. Things will be very much different then, as you'd expect ;) As a pilot, it is still possible to incur 'personal' FSA penalties on training flights (which I don't really agree with but there you go) but anything drastic will not affect the VA.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Re: Aircraft Status

Post by adysmith »

All copied, I actually managed to fly the Canarsie departure from JFK 31L today and stayed under 250 KIAS, I was impressed with myself :)

Hope to manage Dulles tomorrow but see how the RW interferes.

Ady
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.