FS Airlines down

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

FS Airlines down

Post by adysmith »

Grrrrr, flight booked, aircraft loaded, all ready to go and FS Airlines is down so the client will not log in and I can't log the flight :help:
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: FS Airlines down

Post by DaveB »

Sri Ady.. I've just tried and they're still down :|

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Back up now but I am 45 minutes into flight, guess I will just have to fly it again tomorrow 8)
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hmm.. I'd not have released the brakes without knowing the client was up mate. It has happened before where FSA has been down (the forums and main site) but the client/flight tracker has still been up. Under these circumstances, it's risky to start a flight but you can manually upload the flight on completion if the client has gone down during the flight. You have to wait for it to come back online of course but it does work by and large. You can't begin a flight with the client down I'm afraid. One to note for the future ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Yeah I realised it wouldn't log it, the client would not even log me in never mind start recording the flight.

I just didn't have time to wait for it to work again so I just went, will fly it again in the morning.
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Holy Crap, this time something decides it isn't talking to something else, FS goes into "not responding" mode for two minutes then resumes, by which time FSA client decides it has detected a "change of position in flight" - flight aborted in FSA!

Hacked off or what, two and a half hours into flight. going to have to do it YET AGAIN tomorrow :rant: :(( :wall:
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ady..

Dear me.. you are going through the wars :( TBH.. I didn't think the client would do that. You can, in theory, start a flight with the client then disconnect your internet until you begin descent.. it shouldn't really matter that it's dropped for a couple of minutes. Perhaps they've changed the client? :dunno: The disconnect used to be available because not everyone had broadband (to cater for modem bods). Maybe it was because the client was still active when FS went int 'the program is not responding' mode *-) Certainly not heard of this happening before.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

That sounds possibly like the problem I had chaps. Any flight beyond a certain time and the sim would hang for a bit, then when it came back to life, the FSA client would have disconnected. Do you remember Dave, it seemed to happen for years for me, Haven't flown a long flight in a while (read any flight) so not sure if it went away the last time I did a rebuild. *-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Now you come to mention it, I do remember you having problems on long flights. Ady is flying Concorde though.. they don't have any long flights :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage