Flight Reports

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Flight Reports

Post by adysmith »

Quick question, why do some flight reports show up with a question mark beside them, and are they counted in the statistics while they still have the Q?
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Flight Reports

Post by DaveB »

I'm not really sure where you're seeing it Ady? A question mark may show while the flight is in progress.. been too long since I've flown to remember :worried: I know there's a question mark button next to Critique on the flight report. Never seen Critique used *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Extreme right hand column on main Statistics page.

I thought my last minute dash to New York last night was going to get me first place back in Earnings and Profit but it didn't seem to register and had the ? beside it (gone now)
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Does it only seem to happen on Concorde flights Ady?? If so, I wonder if it's because the multiplier for Concorde is so high? It has to be high in order for any airline to operate it at a profit (or even close to a profit) *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Ady :hello:
Sorry bout that You will have to give us a shout at the end of the month and i'l back off a bit. Cant speak for Andy though ;)
Personally i wish the awards were geared more to reflect pilot performance Correct fueling, A/c damage say through rough handling or heavy landings, sector times etc The current awards just reflect stick time and generally the pilot with the most flights will get a clean sweep (unless they spent the month on the dragon rapide)
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

It's not a Problem Dale, if you beat me then good luck to you, I was in the lead for profit and pay almost the entire month until your last 747 flight, thought I would chuck in a quick JFK trip to get them back (got into trouble with the missus for doing it :help: ) and had to go 4* time acceleration for most of the Atlantic to get there before midnight BST :lol: (wonder if that was why I didn't get such a high profit or pay for that flight).

Got a couple of DC3 flights to complete this month and I may not have as much time to get some Concorde flights in (more RW flying this month and a trip to "that London" for three days) so I might just have to settle for greatest distance again :thumbsup: , Concorde is good for that :Dance:

Ady.
ImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

I know the answer to this one!

It's when we get a flight report from FS Airlines and either the numbers don't add up, or the fuel figures are way out of line from the average.
Very occasionally, FSA records values which are plainly wrong. It doesn't happen much theses days.
The '?' you see with that Concorde flight is because the 'duration' and 'hours' fields we get from FSA were not the same. I think it's something to do with time zones, but I've never worked it out. It does happen consistently on that flight.

So, it's just a visual cue to me to check the flight data. If it's something that can be corrected, the '?' gets removed.
If not, the '?' stays and it just means that that flight is excluded from the fuel use averages. Just to stop silly data from skewing the fuel averages.
The flight is always included in the awards totals.

DM
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I've just twigged you mean OUR stats page here Ady. I thought you meant at FSA :wall: :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage