Landing Lights!

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Landing Lights!

Post by adysmith »

I protest, FSA claims I had landing lights off below 1,000 feet, which is absolute garbage.

They were on until about 2500 in the climb and back on at 3,000 in descent!

It doesn't help that they are speed limited to 160 knots in the Vanguard but they were definitely ON
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Landing Lights!

Post by DaveB »

*-) *-)

Looking at the blackbox and route info.. FSA is saying that at 9m41s you were at 576ft (ground alt 568ft).. at 19m07s you were at 6788ft (ground alt 246ft) and at 28m34s you were at 12097ft (ground alt 731ft).

With the best will in the world, 19min is a long time to get to 6788ft. I don't know how long it took you to start-up but 9mins to get to 576ft also seems unreasonable :-O 28m34s to get to 12097ft and still only 731ft above terra firma suggests you had a steep climbout to alt.

I really don't know what to say. The whole thing looks wrong to me *-) Shall I mark it for review or have you already done that?

EDIT: I see you haven't marked it for review. If you don't move the aircraft, you can request to have the flight deleted. Alternatively, you can click to have the flight reviewed and put your reasons in the box although they say in the small print that to ask a question about the flight, you need to raise a support ticket. I'd have it deleted if I were you. I'm running the flight now in FS9 and I can't see any way those times and altitudes match.. not unless you went by road!
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

It's the end of the month today, a new set of statistics from tomorrow!

I will sure be keeping a check on it next flight and when I eventually do Bermuda Toronto.

I kept at least 500 FpM throughout the climb.
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate :)

It looked a lot bumpier on the map than how I saw it in FS9. I expected to be surrounded by mountains and the truth of the matter is.. I was nowhere near any! I can still flag the flight and you can have it deleted if you wish (you may be able to do this yourself). I honestly don't believe the figures presented by the blackbox and route info. Only problem is, I've no idea how long it would take for them to review the flight :dunno:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

If I deleted it I would need to fly it again in order to carry on from Bermuda to St Johns (TAPA) though wouldn't I.

Can't be bothered with that. If it happens again I might complain via FS Airlines.
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ady :)

Yes.. it would have to be flown again unfortunately.

If you're too worried about the LL safety speed.. think of it this way. The lamps retract with the main gear on the model.. nothing can be done about that.. so in theory, the safety speed won't be exceeded. I know it's nice to play it by the book when possible but in this case.. it's not possible. OK.. the filaments shouldn't be on with the lamps up but given our hands are tied with how they're modelled, leaving them on a while longer isn't so bad ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Yet another issue with FSairlines.

As soon as you land the "end flight" button is available, so being in a hurry I clicked it after I had vacated the runway.

NOWHERE does it warn that marks will be deducted for ending the flight (which FSAirlines basically invites you to do) without the park brakes being applied.

I don't want the flight reviewed or deleted but pilots be warned!

Ady
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ady :hello:

Unfortunately.. ending the flight without the parking brake applied has always been classified as an error. You start with the brakes on.. you end with the brakes on. Sorry mate.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage