FSUIPC Calibration

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

FSUIPC Calibration

Post by adysmith »

About a week ago my PC decided not to talk to my yoke or throttle quadrant, well the cure for that is usually quite simple, unplug them and plug in again.
That got all the buttons working again together with basic flight controls but the throttles had gone completely out of synch.

Over the past week I have tried recalibrating the throttles, both in windows control panel and through FSUIPC, to no avail.

I have tried them on direct to FS, through FSUIPC, every option I can find but I cannot get them to work properly (I even tried restoring a previous version of FSUPC.INI - still didn't do it), so I have two questions.

1) anybody got any wonderful ideas on how to get the darned things working properly again?
2) I am getting a brand new, serious butt kicking, PC in a couple of weeks and I hope to transition permanently to FSX (which uses a different version of FSUIPC) so should I just bite the bullet for two weeks or so and use keyboard throttles meanwhile?

I doubt that it is the throttle quadrant itself at fault, any utility that shows up the actual digital output from them is smooth and progressive, and the quadrant is only eight months old.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: FSUIPC Calibration

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ady :hello:

Why these things happen from time to time is anyones guess and it's bloody annoying :rant: As far as I can see.. the only thing you've not tried that I would have is to rebuild your sim cfg file. Rename your original to something suitable then flash up the sim and let it make a fresh one. While there are no guarantee's this will work.. it often solves mysterious probs like this :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Hi Dave :hello:

Can't actually find a sim.cfg anywhere in my FS9 folder or in documents/flight sim files.

Plenty of copies in the FSX folder and sub folders...

Ady
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hang on in there. I don't have it on this pc (Win7 Ult) so I'm flashing up the WinXP pc.. waits.. waits.. has a coffee.. has hair cut.. mows the lawn.. gads.. right, here we go. In WinXP.. its in C:\Documents and Settings\name\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9. Not sure how this equates to any OS above XP but on my Win7 pc.. the FSX cfg lives in C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.. I'd imagine FS9 would be in the same location (Microsoft) inside an FS9 folder.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Found it, c:\users\name\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fs9\fs9.cfg

I will give that a try.

Ady
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

mind you, I got FS9.cfg, FS9CD.cfg, FS9nocd.cfg, fs91nocd.cfg!

I will back up the lot!
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I don't bother keeping all the variations on a theme.. just the patched/nocd cfg :) . Hope the rebuild gets you running again ;)

ATB
Dave B)smk
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Well I backed up all the cfg files and restarted FS9, the throttles are now working much better but still need a minor tweak.

I also have to reprogram many of my yoke/quadrant buttons but hey ho.

Only fs9.cfg got rebuilt, even though I am running FS9 without CD.

Ady
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That's correct Ady. The NOCD patch is the fs9.exe file so rebuilding the cfg will have no effect on it ;) Glad it all seems better anyway :thumbsup:

ATB
Dave B)smk
ImageImage