landing lights

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

landing lights

Post by adysmith »

Had two attempts to fly my booked JFK trip this morning, autopilot issues in both caused termination of the flight so I will try again tomorrow.

BUT on both attempts FS airlines did not recognise the landing lights of Concorde X even when they were on, confirmed from outside view. Anything I can do about that without getting a penalty every time I fly Concorde?
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: landing lights

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ady :hello:

I really don't know where to start as I don't have Concorde X. I doubt it has a 2D panel being FSX native so I'm guessing you're using a VC switch to turn the lights on and off. What I'd try and do is add a legacy lamp which will shine when the landing lights are on but where to add it would be up to you. In it's own window would be good or to the VC would be better. It sounds like the LL code is custom which is why FSA isn't seeing it. It would also be worth checking the client window to confirm if the light is on or off (regardless of what the actual effect is showing). This way.. you'll avoid a landing light error.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

I am using 2d panels (don't like 3d) and fs airlines client is showing landing lights false, I simply wouldn't have a clue about adding another"lamp" and switch just to satisfy FDA.
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

I meant FSA at the end there, I will look in fsuipc and see if I can set a key stoke or button for landing lights and see what effect that has
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

If it's standard coding.. the L key will light up most of your aircraft lights.. and ctrl+L will operate the LL's. FSA doesn't care if you have nav lights on so you could use either as a test. Open the flight as if you're ready to go and if you're sure the LL's are on.. check in the client window to see what IT reports then either try the L key or ctrl+L (for just the LL's) and check the client again. Leave it a few seconds to update. If you're not ready to fly.. just bug-out of the flight by either closing the sim or the client down.
We had an issue with the payware Heron in FSX. The switch was reporting LL's on and looking outside confirmed they were on but the client reported them OFF until the switch inside was turned OFF.. at which point the client reported them on :wall: Flight Replicas were able to produce modified code which enabled the LL's to be on in the aircraft, outside AND at FSA :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

RGR that, will try it in the morning, need to get the flight done before it fines me for not flying it, my biggest problem over the past few weeks has b een getting ground power on to Concorde in order to start the darned thing.

I think I have sorted that so will give it a go in the morning; should just about have time to get to JFK before I have to go to work again
ImageImage