FSX Not Responding

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

FSX Not Responding

Post by adysmith »

Anybody know why FSX keeps freezing and "not responding" for ten minutes mid flight?

Recovers and most times FS Airlines keeps going, just occasionally it throws teddy out of the pram and terminates flight.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: FSX Not Responding

Post by TSR2 »

I had this for years, and I think it was FSUIPC in the end. Cant recall exactly.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Ade :hello: I used to get this all the time with many flights lost Although I later found that fsx returned after 8 or 10 mins with the client still connected. However after much searching the web and trying many "fixes" I never even had Fsuipc installed, I tried setting fsx to above normal in the exe priority Since then I've never had fsx freeze. I created a Batch file to change the priority as fsx starts as its a pain to change it in task manager every time
Atb
Dale
Image Image Image

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

FSUIPC is necessary for FSAirlines isn't it?
I am sure it must be required for Flight Sim Commander and Active Sky.

I did read that the very latest version of FSUIPC was needed to prevent this, well I have that and it doesn't cure the problem.
I also have UIAutomationcore, which still doesn't do the job.

I wouldn't even know how to prioritise tasks in task manager, can you either give me a clue or send me a copy of the BAT file?

Ady
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

FSUIPC was a requisite for FS9 and FSA.. the client would check the correct FSUIPC version on startup and if incorrect.. it would advise and close down. Not sure about FSX.. I thought the interface was via Simconnect but I may be wrong.

For FSC and ASN.. I'm not really sure mate. So many things can rely on FSUIPC without you knowing it.. it's always good policy to keep it installed.

Success stories with folk using the Vista version of UIAutomationcore to stop this are few and far between. It's always worth a try though.

Dale's batch file is certainly worth a try.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Ade. Copy " start /high fsx.exe" (dont include the quotes) say using notepad and save it to the desktop as startfsxhigh.bat Click on bat file which will alter the priority to high as it loads fsx. Dont know if it will work for you, but it worked for me ;)
Dale
Last edited by Vc Ten on 21 Feb 2015, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Dave :hello: I never had fsuipc on the computer until i started using 3rd party wx programs. only ever flown with fsx though
atb
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr that mate :thumbsup: I was 'reasonably' sure FSX/FSA didn't need FSUIPC in order to function together as it uses the Simconnect interface. FS9 definitely does though ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Vc Ten wrote:Hi Ade. Copy " start /high fsx.exe" (dont include the quotes) say using notepad and save it to the desktop as startfsxhigh.bat Click on bat file which will alter the priority to high as it loads fsx. Dont know if it will work for you, but it worked for me ;)
Dale
So the BAT file will launch FSX and set it to high priority (I don't need to launch FSX separately?)

I take it that Windows will know where fsx is located from the registry?
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Yes and no :lol: The bat file will set priority to high and start the sim
You need to place the bat file into the root directory of fsx where fsx.exe resides then create a shortcut from the desktop (forgot to mention that bit) :wasntme:
Atb
Dale
Image Image Image