VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

DC-4 World Tour.

Post by blanston12 »

Hi Flyers.

Just wanted to report I have competed a world tour using the Flight Replicas DC-4. The tour consisted of 23 stop and covered 26122 nm with 147.3 hours of flight time.

Stops included London, Lisbon, Dakar, Recife, Rio De Janeiro, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima, Panama, Guatemala City, Mexico City, Los Angeles, Honolulu, Wake Island, Guam, Manila, Bangkok, Kolkata, Karachi, Basrah, Damascus, Malta, London.

When using the PACA codeshare routes I really enjoyed the option of using x16 on those long flights. How much objection would there be to increasing the sim rate to x16 on the longer routes, say over 1000nm for piston AC, 1500nm for turboprop and 2000nm for jets?
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: DC-4 World Tour.

Post by Vc Ten »

Well done Joe :thumbsup: Any good screenshots?
No particular thoughts on accelerated sim rates as I rarely use anything other than 1x. But then certainly no objection to your proposal
Dale
Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Interesting that you should post this, Joe. I'm just sketching out the plan of a RTW trip using the Flight Replicas Halifax when it is released. I have a theme in mind, which will dictate the route to a certain extent. Not exactly sure of how I'm going to do the longer legs - I'll have to check the Halifax's endurance.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I did not take too many screenshots, since unlike last years RTW flight I was using the same AC and not trying to tell a story, but here are a few I found that were interesting.

Somewhere over Brazil.

Approaching Rio.

Parked back at Heathrow!
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.