Delayed Divert

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Delayed Divert

Post by adysmith »

I was flying LEBL to DGAA yesterday in a Stratocruiser (B377).

Due to my own error with FS settings the aircraft wasn't developing full power (so 50 knots below normal cruise speed) but was drinking fuel at normal rate hence I wasn't going to reach Accra, diverted to Ouagadoudou.

I won't be able to complete the flight until Thursday afternoon, will the "booking" still be valid or is it going to drop out and leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere with no route to book?
Last edited by adysmith on 23 Oct 2019, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Delated Divert

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Ade, I think your forwarding flight will have expired by then.
I can create a temporary route out to Accra if you want. You could do it yourself if you want, but I'm getting the hang of the flight plan admin so its no problem. Won't be able to do it until tomorrow as I need to be at my pc. Too fiddly on the tablet :lol:
Dale
Image Image Image

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Re: Delayed Divert

Post by adysmith »

I may have managed it myself, there is also an outside possibility that I might fly it this morning before it expires :)
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Ade While trawling through FSA forums, it looks like the booked flight remains for 72 hrs now, so you should be ok. I saw the flight you have created and took the liberty of changing the flight no. to the next consecutive no in the Stratocruiser plans (The new flight plan page defaults to CBF 1000 which need changing so we don't get duplicated flight plan numbers)
I gave up trying to convert a couple of 748s to freighter, that were actually converted in real life.
There should be a convert button somewhere on the aircraft page, but cant find it, :dunno: maybe its a for a higher authority, perhaps its one for Joe
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Hey, I found the 'Convert Aircraft' button in the management options box, I started two conversions, one A748 at Manchester and the other at Gatwick
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

I guess that one is hidden from us mere mortals, I have an "Edit Aircraft Information" option which would appear to allow me to change it from seating to cargo, but I don't want to play around too much for fear of screwing things up :lol:
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I think you are right Ade. Although I would have thought
as Fleet Manager would have sufficient authority to allow a conversion. As you say, you have enough control to screw things up quite easy. Maybe Joe can raise the question to Joe F.
Dale
Image Image Image