Charter Flights

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Charter Flights

Post by Vc Ten »

I see Joe has a new feature for FSA, Charter Flights.
I've often thought it would be a nice idea to be able to fly to different airports that either we don't fly to, or the aircraft type doesn't have routes for
Might also be useful for those of us migrating to msfs that don't have the full contingency of aircraft (yet) But would still like be able to fly to places we want to but with only the aircraft we have, so to speak. Haha I know we have none at the moment. Anyway I'm up for it :thumbsup:
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Charter Flights

Post by TSR2 »

I like the idea too, but nothing aircraft wise is inspiring me atm, so I'm waiting for something that has a NAV radio that I can tune without punching through half a dozen screens on an MFD. I really really hate MFD's.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I hate the MFD's also, I especially hate the FMC's and am afraid with MSFS I will finally be forced to learn how to use one. Without the ability to easily insert a popup 2D autopilot and GPS I may be lost.

From what I have seen in the new 'Charter Flights' is that it allows you to fly to anywhere you want, but not any aircraft you want. Our VA would still have to own the aircraft and you would need a type rating.

So based on the suggestion and to help with MSFS we could create a charter fleet, with aircraft found in MSFS, but not the big jet, where pilots can just go where ever they want.

I did turn on charter flights permissions for the senior ranks so we can start experimenting with it.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Joe The way I understand it, is you would be able to take any available VA aircraft, at your current location, that you are rated to fly, to any airport within its range. What I was thinking with regards Msfs is that say, when Dave G completes and makes available his Rapide we wouldn't be just tied to Rapide routes, we could explore within the constraints of the aircrafts range. I wasn't really thinking of the VA purchasing Msfs aircraft. There's not much in the way of revenue earners. Perhaps the Bus but its hardly a British classic, well not yet anyway
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Hi Dale,

I am also very much looking forward to the day Dave G completes his Rapide, AH has also said they will convert there DC3 to MSFS also and I am looking forward to that.

I agree that we would not have use for most of the MSFS default aircraft, the jets are all too new and most of the props are too small and/or too new. We might make an argument that the C208 and King Air have been around long enough to be considered classics and have been used for charters in the UK, we could even include the six seat Bonanzas and Barons but the rest of the props are all two or four seaters that would probably not be worth it except as basic trainers, which we don't really do.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.