Fuel use : Trident 2

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Fuel use : Trident 2

Post by Vc Ten »

Must admit fuel use wasn't the first thing on the list when legacy porting DM's Trident to msfs 2020. Converting the air file and getting the model flyable even using "Legacy importer" was a bit of a battle. Anyway she's pretty stable now and flys fairly level and can be trimmed "hands off" throughout the flight envelope (no autopilot yet) 3 revenue flights flown, and after the first two, the fuel used, as shown in the flight report matched the default usage. However today's flight the fuel use was only 20% of what I would expect. It looks like the first 2 flights were auto corrected by FSA (today's wasn't). I've altered the usage in the engine cfg to give a more realistic setting, although they are now vastly different settings than the original aircraft cfg. Does anyone have any clues why that should be?? Will try again later in the week
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Fuel use : Trident 2

Post by blanston12 »

I have read about problems with fuel in MSFS, I know the default 787 uses too little and the 747 uses too much. I hope they get it sorted soon, but as M$ still thinks of flight sim as a 'game' maybe its not important to them.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

but as M$ still thinks of flight sim as a 'game'

That is probably why they put it on X Box!! :hide:

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I think it's fair to say Microsoft have marketed every iteration of Flight Sim as a game / entertainment. It's only ourselves and the dozens of developers that support us, turn this into our hobby, (some may say obsession.)
Back to the Trident, I was getting nowhere with the converted aircraft.cfg so dumped it and pulled the generic twin jet airliner engine cfg file over. Fuel figures more realistic, but she goes off the tarmac like a scalded cat. :lol: I need to graft another engine into the file and set the thrust.
Looks like my FSA flight has had its fuel use fixed by admin.
Dale
Image Image Image