VA Crew Room

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Sean

I think most that read this thread will understand exactly what you are saying. :wink:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Sean,

That's not what the discussion was about. When you are at a base, there is no need for any rules about how people book airplanes as there's already a rule - you get 24 hours to fly the flight or give it up. That's not unreasonable and has been hashed out on FlyNET several times and adjusted to where it currently is.

The discussion was over what was the "proper" course of action to take once the plane had been flown out to that outstation, not what happened before. What would you have done had I been able to make the initial flight in the first 3 hours I'd booked the airplane (since it's a 3 hour flight)? The plane would have still been in Rome and you weren't. If you wanted to fly, you would have still had to buy a ticket. But again, here's the difference - I booked the airplane at the Crew Base (Heathrow) to initiate a trip which I intended on completing. You hadn't yet started a trip since you were at Heathrow. Regardless of how many airplanes were there or not, the issue wasn't over how many planes were available, it was over whether or not it was "acceptable" to take over a plane from another airplane when the airplane and pilot were away from the Crew Base or whether a certain amount of time should be given or if the pilot should reserve the airplane and hold onto it if he intended to return within 24 hours of the initial flight. Not only that Sean, but I wasn't the one who started the discussion on the issue, Rick was.

As for my signature, that is an unfortunate side-effect of the restoration of the forum back to the 5th. I had deleted my GMA signature prior to that, but it appears that for whatever reason it reverted again to having the signature line there. I had actually added my FlyNET signature in its place on the 6th, so thanks for telling me it was there, I don't pay attention to what my signature says.
Last edited by Chris Trott on 09 Jun 2006, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Sorry Garry

Best Regards

Sean

Avant-Garde-Aclue

As for my signature, that is an unfortunate side-effect of the restoration of the forum back to the 5th. I had deleted my GMA signature prior to that, but it appears that for whatever reason it reverted again to having the signature line there. I had actually added my FlyNET signature in its place on the 6th, so thanks for telling me it was there, I don't pay attention to what my signature says.

Bovine Excreta

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Sean,

Look at my signature block.

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Convenient

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

See Post below - Designated Bases

http://www.cbfsim.org/cb-bb/viewtopic.php?p=80972#80972

Rgds

John

Avant-Garde-Aclue

As for 'proper' action Mr Trott you did'nt bother to look in flynet to see who was rated on what aircraft, and how many of that type were available before greedily booking it. A supposed puter glitch does'nt wash as an excuse. Just want you to be aware that I know what you are, and what you are up to.

I will not dignify you with a civil signature

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Guys,

You are going over old ground again and again. I have asked already if we can put this behind us PLEASE.

See post here :-

http://www.cbfsim.org/cb-bb/viewtopic.php?p=80972#80972