VA Crew Room

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

No Ben, it is the place for a mini-rant. You did steal the airplane. You didn't e-mail me and ask to take the plane, and you didn't have the courtesy of leaving me another plane to get home with.

The idea of a VA is realistic operations. That means that you don't strand a crew and force them to use their own money to get home. You work with them to ensure that they either have a way to get home on the company's money or you let them fly the plane back and find another flight to fly. There were 5 other Vanguards at Heathrow when I left that night, why couldn't you take one of those? That's the beauty of the internet Ben, there's enough planes for everyone, so there was no reason for you to take the one I'd chosen to fly to Rome and strand me.

It's called common courtesy and you didn't observe it. I do thank you for coming out and owning up to being the one who booked it. I didn't know (and frankly didn't care) who took it, only that it was taken.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Also Ben, think about this -

You chose to spend some of your own money to fly down to Rome and take that airplane to wherever. You forced me to either sit and not fly for several weeks or spend my money to get back to Heathrow. That's not fair, that's not nice, and that's not what this group is supposed to be about. You don't force other people to spend money just because you want to. It takes the fun out of being able to fly.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Chris, Chris, Chris....

Please. This is a FUN thing. I really don't give a sh1t if you had to spend some monopoly money to get to a monopoly airport. It didn't bother me when it happened to me twice, and it really shouldn't bother you. If it does, maybe your in the wrong VA?

I wanted to fly up from the med as the sunset is great.

As I said earlier... grow a pair. The rest of us are adults having fun.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo Guys.. I can see where this might be going (might have already gone) and can see both sides of the coin having had my Rapide nicked (I say mine and it IS)!! :lol:

I gave the idea of emailing the 'landed' pilot a bit of thought earlier but there is a downside to this. Should the 'landed' pilot not wish to fly for say.. a day or so, it seems a little unfair to expect a pilot wanting to fly to have to wait (possibly) a couple of days before the other guy reads his email. Some sort of routine could be worked out I suppose but I'm at a loss to find a satisfactory answer.. yet. Ideally, an aircraft should be left available for the other pilot to get home on although if that particular aircraft happens to be one he's not type rated on.. there could be a mighty sharp learning curve just to get back home.

Have a think about it and post your ideas here :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I haven't flown of late but have just read page 3 of this thread.

If and when the fleet/type numbers reach a given point, hows about starting a new thread, claiming an aircraft/reg? As I said the fleet will have to be large enough to support this but it would solve this stealing issue.

ie (forgive the reg's)

B757
G-MONB (Rick Piper)
G-MONC (Dave B)
G-MOND (Chris Trott)
G-DAJB (Ben Watson)

A320
G-MONX (Rick Piper)
G-MPCD (Dave B)
G-OZBK (Chris Trott)
G-OZBB (Ben Watson)

etc etc
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I can't comment on the choice of aircraft Chris but I see where you're coming from. Keep 'em coming :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I like that idea CB. Seems fair too, but would need to have a huge fleet. What if each pilot has 1 a/c of his choice, and if he wants to fly a non owned a/c he can grab one of the "pool" aircraft. A bit like those who want to have their own company car, and those that don't opt out and fly any of the pool aircraft?

Just an initial thought. :wink:

ImageImageImage

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

What are your thoughts on that Dave?

I think it would be best if you only claimed what you actually fly, and not just what you are rated on.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

We are bound to have a few glitches with aircraft distribution whilst I am still building the routes. I have a lot more 1-11 routes to add to the system and these will be spread around the 200/400/500 fleet. At the moment they are all 500 srs routes. I will be moving the shortest routes to the 200/400's at some point. In the meantime, the two recently purchased 500's have been re-registered and I have moved more 500's to EGSS. The 200/400's are still at the airports where we purchased them from and they will stay there until routes are available for them.
Dove routes HAVE been worked out, I just haven't had a chance to FSNAV them all for flight times yet. Once I have then I will get them onto the system, along with the rest of the 1-11's routes.

Regarding 'poaching' of aircraft. It is easy to check if the aircraft has recently been flown. From the fleet page, pull up the info for the individual aircraft and at the bottom you will see the flight log. If the aircraft has recently arrived at the airport, check and see which pilots are also still at the airport. From their logs you can deduce who brought the aircraft in and see if it's likely that they are going to fly it out. If there's one aircraft at the airport and one pilot then common sense prevails. You can always bring your own aircraft to the airport to fly the route. I am sure we can all be polite and courteous and work through this. Lets put what's happened behind us now and enjoy the flying.

Rgds

John

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Guys, I've been thinking about this, and maybe we're over complicating things.

If you want to fly from A to B and back, but only make the first leg, and then decide you want to park up for the night, there is nothing stopping you booking the return leg on flynet. That then alocates the aircraft to you to fly when you next log on.

Easy realy. That way. If you have only done one leg, you can leave the aircraft for someone else, or if your sure you'll be flying it again, just book the next leg before you quit for the night? :worried:

ImageImageImage