Flight Reports

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Flight Reports

Post by blanston12 »

I think we should have a thread for flight reports where pilots, after completing there flights can report back how the flight went. The report should include, the source and destination airports, the aircraft used, the amount of fuel used on each leg. Plus any incidents that happened along the way and any other comments or observations the pilot would like to add. I also think we should make this a sticky thread.

I will start:
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

BAC 1-11-500 EGSS->LEPA->EGSS

Post by blanston12 »

My first Revenue flight in the 1-11-500.
Round trip from Stansted (EGSS) to Palma De Mallorca (LEPA).
Outbound trip used 6155 kg of fuel.
Return trip used 5247 kg of fuel.

Since fuel was more expensinve in Palma I filled up in Stansted and only topped it off in Palma. This cause a revenue loss on the outbound trip which I made up on the return.
Joe Cusick,

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Joe,

It's a nice idea, and in the absense of any other pirep information I would say yes. Considering the VA is still in it's fledgling stages, it was encouraging to see that there were eleven flights operated yesterday. I am hoping that once other CBFSimmers see how easy it is to 'Fly FlyNET' that this number will increase. Now thats a lot of pireps for this board and I wouldn't like to imagine how big a single thread would be or even how many multiple threads it could/would generate. Additonally, I don't want it to become a 'hoop to jump through' and become a chore "I've got to file another flight report" :sad:

There is already an excellent built in 'Flight Report' at FlyNET and there are several ways you can access/view this information...................

At various pages at FlyNET you will see the blue 'info icon'. On the VA overview page you have these next to the 'Last 5 flights (show all)'. When accessing the flight performed information you will see the Flight Report which has nearly all the information that is useful. I say nearly because a useful function for that page is for a 'pilots comment' box where a pilot could report any unusual or useful info applicable to that flight - I'll put that forward to FlyNET as a suggestion.

You also have the 'info icon' next to each pilots name. When you access this you will see all flights performed by the pilot and again you have the 'info icon' next to each flight to access the Flight Report.

In the meantime, if you have anything unusual or informative to report that could have an affect on other pilots, please post me a message throught FlyNET messages and I will respond as appropriate. There are still lots of things for us to organise to make life simpler and more helpful for other pilots. Anything like this I will try and build into an FAQ section on the BBS so please report directly to me or in my absense only if vitally important post here on this BBS.

Thanks and regards

John

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Hi John,

A couple points,

the FlyNET pirep has a lot of useful information, but can be a bit dry and IMO having the pilot give us the information in there own words is much more interesting. Posting a message for through you on FlyNET just makes more work for you.

Lastly, I was not trying to make another hoop to jump through, posting a flight report on the forum should be encouraged but entirely voluntary. If a pilot wishes to share something of there experience they should feel free to do so but should not feel obligated.
Joe Cusick,

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Joe,

I know what you are saying, but for the time being lets at least get things up and running and leave the board as clear as possible. We can review things at a later date if needed.

Rgds

John

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

How about posting post flights reports in the E&S VA crewroom? Then any ribald remarks would at least be in the right place

Sean

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

John

Again

I have made this offer in private Ill now make it in public

Robb(happyotter) and I aer moer than willing to host things like
Rosters/schedules/flightplans and the like and yes Flight reports - in
a password protected section of Classic British Files - thus removing
a lot of clutter from here

The offer still stands
Leif

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Leif,

I sent you PM monday 'Flight Reports'. I am quite happy for you to set something up.

Rgds

John

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

With all due respect to those involved, the CBFS VA is linked to this forum, I don't want to go to some third location to post or read flight reports. Lets to it on this forum or not at all. The whole thing is becoming very bureaucratic.
Joe Cusick,

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Joe

The only reason for moving things (files flight plans reports, etc) to CBFiles was very simply for space here on the forum - This is already taking up an inordinate amount of space - take a good look at the number of posts and
threads its generated in less than a month. It costs money - it also detracts from the original purpose of the forum - Rob (happyotter) was kind enough to offer space on CBfiles (Which is in many ways linked to this forum) and , has
more than enough room to set up things like files for filight plans , rosters and schedules etc etc.

The bare frame work is already in place - so I think we can be democratic about it and vote - however consider very very hard - that by using up space here you are stretching our benafactors resources greatly - I do not mean that CBFS will collapse, however it would be nice of some of you to consider that this
site is totally free to memebers and as such a little consideration to the person who pays the bills (not me) might be a nice.

Leif