Flight Reports

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I vote to go to CBFiles. More appropriate to go there since we aren't talking about Classic British Aircraft all the time... :smile:

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

um yes well mumble mumble - you'll have to talk to Rob about that :lol:

Leif

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

More appropriate to go there since we aren't talking about Classic British Aircraft all the time...
:poke: :curse: :axe: :box: :argue:

Is it worth pointing out that the VA is called Classic British Flight Services :think:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It would be nice to be able to direct link from here to there (or from there to here) without any parasitic penalty but I honestly don't know if that is possible. However, thanks Rob for the offer of a dedicated area for the fledgling VA's pireps. Much appreciated and accepted with due grace :wink:

As Leif has pointed out.. CBFS will not crumble should an area be put aside here, far from it but the VA has moved at such a pace thus far, it has taken us all by surprise. I set us up as we currently are thinking that prudence was the best way to go (and I still believe that was the correct course) but there is the capacity to give the VA it's own dedicated forum area (rather than it be a single forum as it is now) and should this be necessary, a full.. dedicated area can be added in short order. I don't think (with 21 pilots.. some of whom have yet to fly for a number of reasons) that we have reached that point yet but we are moving toward it :wink:

Regards

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Personally I think moving the CBFS VA forum out of the main CBFS forum is a bad idea. Moving the flight report section somewhere else will just kill the whole idea as most ppl (including me) will not want to go to a third site just for that. Moving the whole CBFS VA forum there will cut it off from its base of support.

I really think you guys are getting in a panic over some flood of data that is not going to be an cumbersome as you expect and I think it will generate a lot more interest with other CBFS forum members who have not joined the VA but can see how much fun we are having.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Joe,

I agree with that and am not 100% happy at any truncation of the service.. however small.

As I hope I put across in the post above.. I didn't want to make a full new area for the VA (as in how you see E&S at present which is separate from CBFS) in case the interest wasn't there to warrant it. My intention is that should things continue as they have.. the VA will have it's own dedicated area here towit separate forums can be added.. one for pireps being an example.

ATB

ImageImage

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

since joining the va, i must say that everything so far has been very good and things seem to be getting better. one of the main things that brought me to this va was the aircraft and the way it was being run. i for one agree with john in his statement that pireps are self generated by flynet. even if you make a mess of things, everyone has access to that info. so why are we trying to make the process more complicated by spinning the pireps and forum into outer space. why!
if the system isn't broke why fix it. let it run it's own course and then see where we are. let us all just be happy flying around in the aircraft we love, with a good bunch of fellow simmers.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

on reflection it's upto the people who started this whole va off, who decides what the next course of action is. i'll just keep going the way i have done since joining, flying. if my comments have offended then i'am sorry.

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

geezz lol
It's all in good fun
be nice or I'll have to turn this one loose on you guys
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
lol ............she's a riot
my friends kid
please honor copyrights on the pic

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

She certainly looks like a handful in the making Joe!! Good thing about other folks kids.. you can give em back when you've had enough!! :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

DaveB wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

She certainly looks like a handful in the making Joe!! Good thing about other folks kids.. you can give em back when you've had enough!! :lol:

ATB

what are you talking about
I'm running by the time I realize I've Had enough
she's a doll really
her dad had placed her on the chair because she was getting into some things and I just happen to have the camera on her,
really lucky the shaking hand is real I had my speed and apature set perfectly.
........lucky