CBFS paint ?.

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

CBFS paint ?.

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi John

Does anyone have a livery in mind for the VA. ?.

Regards
Rick :wink:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Rick

Someone did forward suggestions but right from the begginning it was said they would fly in the genuine liveries

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo Boys.. that's how I understand it too.. no fake crap. There may be room to manoeuvre for any painter that wishes to paint the fleet (some of the missing reg's) but otherwise, there's no need. :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Rick et al,

It was always my intention that the aircraft would use real world liveries as I did not want this to go the usual VA route. This way it's something for everyone. That is the reason why I have asked for real aircraft registrations for the fleet. I have initially looked at the 748 fleet and wherever possible I have assigned registrations that are covered by a repaint of the real world aircraft. This will be policy will be applied to the whole of the fleet over time and some aircraft may be re-registered if need be.

That said, we WILL have aircraft flying with the VA that will use a real world registration that is not not covered by a repaint. If these could be 'obtained' by changing the registration of an existing repaint that flew the same livery, that would be a bonus. We'll see where the fleet lines out and see what gaps we have and see if these can be addressed.

Rgds

John

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

To fill the gaps would mean hundreds of paints floating arround

i.e BEA had 70 Viscounts in more than one livery.Plus some leased ones

It would be an enormous task and serve to clog things up.

Garry
Garry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I had though that we should have an official livery design for our VA, now of course nobody is required to use it when they do there flights but I see no problem in having one that we all agree on. I think what ever we choose needs to be something that screams british aviation. As just about every aircraft that would qualify under the CBFS VA mission statement has had either a BA or BOAC livery I would say that the design should be based on one of them.

The BA livery with the non wavy flag on the tail would be the easiest, with "British Airways" replaced with CBFS as except for the comet and a few others they already have a BA livery that could be quickly modified.

I would prefer using the BOAC livery, replacing the letters BOAC with CBFS. as I think its more classic (the BA livery is of course still in use), and I think it looks better.

IMHO, the BOAC livery vc10 is the best looking airplane I have ever used in MSFS.

I agree we can not ask the official painters to make the liveries for us, our members will have to volenteer to do it ourselfs. I for one may be willing to try my hand at it.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Again Joe.. I don't have a problem with that, such is the structure of Flynet. While it won't do for me, I've no problem with you flying an 'appropriate' VA livery :wink:

I agree Garry that to have our entire fleet painted as individual aircraft is, while nice to have, a little unworkable on the surface.. if all pilots were to have the entire fleet installed on their computers. However, no pilot (thus far) is type rated on all aircraft and I cannot see us ever being in a situation where we have all the aircraft ever produced on our fleet.

It's something to look at (given all aspects of our operation) and does not have to be for wider consumption.. eg, either in Members Only or in a suitable place on a new VA forum area :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

TBH the thought of a VA livery or a modified BOAC livery awful.

What's wrong with the liveries that are the right ones for the time.

Can't start having BOAC or BA Rapides and the like.

Can you imagine the horrors of a BOAC type livery on a Herald.

This is a forum that tries to stand for historical accuracy.

Any support of non real liveries will dilute the genuine odd balls that I like to produce.

I think it's best to keep it as pure as Flynet will allow.

Garry
Garry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Garry Russell wrote:Can you imagine the horrors of a BOAC type livery on a Herald.
Don't you mean the honor of a BOAC type livery on a herald. :wink:

Sorry Garry I could not resist.

I can see there are going to be two camps on this, those who hate the idea of any non authentic livery who will never use any. And those who think that if we are going to run this VA as a real airline, its got to have a consistent livery.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

sorry chaps to be asked if we are in favour of a made up boac/ whatever, i would say look at what the name of the forum is and the va. sit back and have a think. what image are we trying to show. british classic airlines. not made up ones. if you wish to have you own aircraft in whatever colour or make up is your own thing. i for one will keep to original airline markings.