Odd bits on FlyNET tonight

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Joe..

I reckon it has to be something to do with time. You could conceivably start the flight at the active runway and as long as you maintain your takeoff run, you'll be ok. It does bring into play DM's question of what happens if you abort the takeoff though. Anyone want to try it?? :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

DaveB wrote:It does bring into play DM's question of what happens if you abort the takeoff though. Anyone want to try it?? :roll:
In the interests of science and for the good of the VA, I have just finished a 'crash test dummy' flight EGCC-EGLL in a Trident 3.

Taxiied away from gate and got my customary beep. Lined up on rwy, held power on brakes and rolled, V1 was 130 but I chickened out at 115 and threw everything out to slow me down. Plenty of runway left and no audible sounds to make me aware of infringement. Went to inter-runway taxiway and lined up on other rwy and completed flight as normal.

FlyNET reports taxi speed in excess of 25 kts so I lost 5%. Never mind, these things have to be done.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

You are a martyr to the cause John and will be remembered in history as such :wink: There's one question dealt with!!

ATB

ImageImage

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Self sacrifice from our CEO, good work John.

That does lead to another question, what happens if you get a Flynet induced engine failure below V1 but after starting the take-off roll? No matter how well you deal with the emergency you will lose 5%.

Or do the failures only happen in flight?
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

An interesting thought Tony. However.. it's worth noting that I've completed in excess of 120 flights and haven't experienced one FlyNet induced system failure. I feel certain that every 'next' flight is going to be the one and am suffering massivie paranoia as a consequence :doh:

ATB

ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

As i mentioned to John the other week I had an incident where flynet reported a 9500Ft/min decent rate, which ended up in my steed going into maintenace at Kia Tak. This seemed to be cause by switching views after I landed..weird. But Ive only had this one problem with flynet, so can't complain. :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. the old 9500fpm descent rate. Sounds like me in the Alpha Phantom! :lol:

No further blurbs since that reported a couple of nights ago.. I'm glad to say! :wink:

ATB

ImageImage