Stats, Fleet Status, Route Enquiry and Type Ratings

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

All down to the magic of SQL, it's very clever at sorting data. :smile:

I've updated those three pages to include an 'Airline Totals' section at the top. Give it a refresh or two if it doesn't show up in your browser.

The Adjusted Pilot Rating is worked out like this
( SUM(Pilot Rating) / Flights ) + ( Flights / 16 )
That's the average rating, then add on a bit to reflect the number of flights made.
It's not fair for Rick Piper (6 flights) to be above Dave Booker (115 flights) just because of Rick's 100% rating.
I would like to punish DaveB for flying most of his in aircraft that don't reach either 250kt or 10000ft though, but that was too hard! :lol: :wink:
And he doesn't fly far enough to fall asleep either. :lol:

All of the data you get on a FlyNet Flight Report is tucked away in my database, so if there is anything else anyone needs to see just ask.

DM

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Good point.

I wondered why Dave B flew those ones :doh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some of them are hard to taxy above 25 kts too as they are airbourne by then :dunno:

:lol: :lol:

Rick :wink:

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

I'll leave these pages up on my webspace forever.
Probably just each months in future, as the complete log (all months) is going to get too big.
Maybe the briefer summary (just the top parts) for all months.

I would like to get the database on-line because we could then put it to other uses.
Enter a From & To Airport and it could display any previous flights made.
You could check on distance, duration & fuel used etc.
Something to look at in the near future.

DM

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

:lol: :lol:
Yes Rick, DB is working the system alright. Most of us should be above him in the ratings.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cobblers!!

Rick shouldn't have a 100% rating as he had a taxi speed infringement and it took me a further 90flights to work off my landing lights off below 1000ft infringement!! (though I have no idea how I worked it off!) :shock:

Yes.. I can fall asleep and often do (towit I'll probably end up hitting the deck at some point).. or flying on to Mexico!!... :poke:

And.. I do fly above 250kts/10000ft as the log shows from my VC9 flights. :wink: None of the other things I fly go at this speed which isn't exactly my fault.. blame Vickers/HS/De Havilland!! :lol:

You guys, you!! :-({|=

Nice charts btw DM. Too much for me to read in between naps but very impressive all the same :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Dave,

I didn't realise that the data was cumulative. I thought it was just for that month. But yes, if you can put the data in both a "per month" and a "cumulative" table on one page, I'd appreciate it to give to Konny.

The idea is to show how many hours per month the planes are flying and then how they are accumulating those hours in-total as the numbers you're showing are the exact kinds of info that airlines base their maintenance schedules off of and the items that Konny needs to track to determine for things like maintenance cycles, major rebuilds, and aircraft value (as it decreases as the airplane gets older so at some point you won't be able to sell it for anything more than scrap, even if well maintained).

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey DM

He bit me :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only kidding DB
I had not flown for ages till yesterday. :smile:

took me 5 attempts to go Southend to Norwich yesterday in the Dove. :crying:

Had 2 Wattisham Afcad files causing a CTD :doh:
Regards
Rick

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No biting.. just a little scratching perhaps :lol: I'm sure we can all make a list of 'Aircraft Most Flown On' and mine just happens to be the Rapide!! Show's how much I get out doesn't it!! :lol: I Love the real thing and I love flying DG's model (even though most of the time I'm looking at my panel.. which I also love)!! :lol:

I've been having strange sh1t happen since flying on Flynet too mate which I'm sure isn't flynet's fault. Scotland remains an oddity for me (could be afcads but other than VF Scotflight.. I don't have anything else up there). The 748 appears fine if I fly that and only that. Swapping aircraft usually see's the next one having 748 sounds :shock: No idea what the hell is causing this :think:
I took off from Kirkwall yesterday with around 35kg onboard and when I came to a stop at Tingwall, I'd got over 200 :shock: :roll: I didn't feck up with my loading either as I keep a constant eye on my RKGFuelstat gauge and well before approach to Tingwall the numbers had been going red.. something that only happens with less than about 43kg onboard.
In the 748 last week going into Teeside, I saw a VC10AI (C1K) to the North and I sure as hell didn't put it there :shock:

Every day I see something new and that has become the fun of it. Running the Rapide from Liverpool to Cardiff was a joy. The UK seems very flat, especially with UKVFRPhoto and when you're poodling around in something like that.. low.. slow.. pipe in your mouth and slippers on.. its actually a very lumpy place! Many of the routes I'm flying in Scotland are totally new and seen for the first time present a challenge. It's all very well having a 10000ft runway to put down on but try throwing the Rapide into Tingwall which has a runway only a little wider than the Rapides gear! :shock: Actually.. Tingwall sucks in the Rapide as you cannot see the runway past the centre window pillar. Takeoff is as bad so I aint goin' there again!! :lol:

There you go.. another topic dragged off course sufficiently!!

ATB

ImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

What's an afcad? :lol: :wink:
I have a very simple FS, but it still goes mad occasionally.
The more addons, the greater the risk though isn't it? :sad:

Chris, I think this is what you wanted. Just let me know if you want it tweaking, it's not much work.
I will update this page every month, so please can you let me know if you don't need it anymore.
http://www.simviation.com/hjg/DMFS/CBFS_HOURS.htm

DM

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

DM..

It seems that every airport north of Brum has 2 afcad files associated with it (probably most airfields south of brum too)!. Normally, this isn't a problem but occassionally.. they will conflict. Almost every soddin flight I've done around the northern most Scottish islands today has ended with FS spitting the flight out (fortunately after I'd hit the parking brake).
I didn't realise there were default airfields that far up but it would seem so. The second files can only be Scotflight so I thank them and their mothers children for making flying up there a b1oody nightmare.

Island hopping up here and having to restart the sim after every landing is no fun.. no fun at all. I start each flight with a default Cessna too but this doesn't seem to make any difference. For sure, keep your load of fsim as simple as possible and you'll get less trouble but it is rather boring :wink:

Now.. where's that b1oody hammer :curse:

ATB

ImageImage