Stats, Fleet Status, Route Enquiry and Type Ratings

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Thats what happens when you end up with 2 ladies in your life mate! :lol: :redface:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I hasten to add that I was refering to Dave's other half & Daughter :redface: :redface:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Thanks Ben. Thought I might be a poofter for a while, but the thought of having two ladies has sorted me out. :lol:
Sadly I'd never have read your first message the wrong way. Like as if. :huf:

DM :smile:
ImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Fraser come up with a good idea - 'Last pilot' on the Fleet Status page.
I've added the date as well, so you can tell if it's been abandoned away from base.

As expected I'm nailed as a serial abandoner!
But it's good that I can tidy up now, instead of forgetting where I'd left them.

DM
ImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

You are your own cop now, eh? Nothing as good as some selfcontrol.

Freedom is good, but control is better!
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Btw, your bookmarks to the VC10 are different on Flight Status and eg. the August page.

Bookmark is VC10 on Flight Status, and VC15 on monthly status...consistency?.... :roll:

:wink:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Btw btw...would it be of interest (well it would to me) to have the "Fuel bought" as well on the individual aircraft Route Stat table, like it is on the All Flights By Day table...?

Or even better, let the individual Aircraft Route Stats have the exact same layout as the All Flights By Day table....

Feel free to comment on that...
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

DM..

In case you wonder if I've gone mad and started making big bucks on the Viscount.. it was due to a cock-up (er.. faux pas) on my part. I've been steadily seeing less and less ILS info on FSNav so thought I'd try and find out why. I knew there was a problem with FSN and UK2000 but had forgotten quite what the hell caused it but found the relevant info on the UK2000 forum.
For some ungodly reason, I had v4.6 on this pc (though I found a 4.7zipfile!!!) so uninstalled the orig and loaded up the new one. TaDa.. loads of ILS now but.. I unwittingly deleted ALL my added aircraft info :crying: :doh:

The good thing is that I keep a written log of all my flights but try as I might, I couldn't get FSN to give me what I expected so.. I overfuelled BIG TIME on the first flight with V4.7 and realised halfway into the flight that I'd not changed the fuel readout to KG. No wonder I couldn't get the numbers to match as I was entering KG in the aircraft page and the flightplan page was giving me Lbs :roll: Needless to say, no fuel taken onboard for the next two flights :lol:

Let this serve as another cautionary tale anyway. Should you update your version of FSN, make b1oody sure you note all of your added aircraft data before deleting the old version. Oddly enough, all the old plans remain in the PLAN folder so there's no need to back these up too :wink:

[edit] I thought this 'dual fuel' figure was a pain in the butt but have realised a use for it. As long as you note what fuel you're taking onboard (or is still onboard before you fuel).. you can happily fly around using gallons in your old crock but have the correct info (either KG or Lbs) to enter into the flynet fuel page!! Of course, while this sounds like a good idea.. I don't think I'll try it.. again! :lol:
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

The VC10/VC15 thing is tricky.
VC10's are now a special case in being the only split type.

I've tried to make the stats use the most sensible option.
i.e. Group both types together as VC10 for summary totals etc, but use the VC10/VC15 codes when it's displaying individual airframes or routes.
It needs to keep treating Standard & Super VC10 in the same way as the other multi mark types. BA11 200/400/500, TRID2/3, VC9 953/953C.

Anyone know why the others didn't have individual codes in real life? :think:
It seems weird because as far as I understand VC10s were considered the same aircraft & were 100% interchangeable if load & range allowed. Same with Tridents.
In contrast 1-11 510ED pilots couldn't fly any other mark of 1-11 without a conversion course. :dunno:

DM
ImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Granted David. (the VC10/15 thing)

As I said (in another thread) I've mailed ICAO, asking them for data/info concerning old type designator codes.

They haven't returned my mail (yet)...so maybe they have some explanations 'bout the BAC's, Tridents etc....

We'll see..
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image