Stats, Fleet Status, Route Enquiry and Type Ratings

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Hmm. I DID think I passed someone, but didn't take notice at the time.....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Fascinating Aug stat's DM :wink:

The revised scalar on the VC9 seems to have paid off and it's interesting to see the difference in G/S + fuelburn between AIDL and AFEZ. AIDL is the v2 model and AFEZ is the slightly quicker v1 model. As the 2 are intrisically the same model, I cut and pasted the v2 info into the v1 aircraft.cfg leaving only the AFEZ info at the top original and left the model and airfiles as for v1 so that the EZ paint could be used. This done, it does dispell the myth (to some degree) that the info contained in the aircraft.cfg overwrites the airfile 'in use' as the two models are very different to fly :think: With the v1 airfile and v2 aircraft.cfg.. the v1 model balloons like a good 'un at 90mph when the speedbrake is deployed and the speed decays very quickly to around 60mph. Using the v2 airfile and v2 aircraft.cfg, ballooning is much less defined and the brake as less lift and drag compared to the other concoction!!

Great stuff anyway DM :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Yes, Ben's recent Vanguard fuel figures look better.

Had a look at the DH89's & AFEZ is a bit different isn't it.
Flight dynamics is spread across air file & cfg. There are plenty of bits in the air file that no longer do anything, but most of the air file is 'live'.
Speed brakes is most definitely spread across both files.
Tends to be that the cfg has the coarse control of most things & the air file has the finer detail.

Noticed a few more dodgy looking fuel figures this month & have marked them as suspect.
I've now altered the 'Aircraft stats' table to not include any suspect figures in the Averages, so they'll be more accurate.

DM

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Dave -

The Aircraft.CFG only overrides where there is a direct equivalent in the .AIR file. Otherwise, they work together to get the end product. Much of the engine performance information is in the AIR file for example. The CFG gives the coarse information (thrust, N2 rpm, and fuel flow info) but the AIR refines that to show how it operates. For example, a civilian turbofan engine produces a fairly linear increase in thrust as the engine's speed increases. However a military (high performance) turbofan produces most of its thrust above 50% of it's throttleable range. The AIR file contains the tables that allows you to tweak the engine so that it performs as it's supposed to.

So yes, the better statement is that the Aircraft.CFG makes the coarse settings and the AIR file refines it.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

OK and tks. :wink: I don't really want to go delving into the airfile but will have a look at throwing the new version onto the old model. The only reason I'm using it anyway is for the AFEZ paint and hopefully, a v2 version will be along in the not too distant future :wink:

John.. if you're looking in, I just landed at Jersey and went for a look at the stats online. Any idea why our reputation is down to 107??? Someone had an engine failure or something??

ATB

ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

DaveB wrote:
John.. if you're looking in, I just landed at Jersey and went for a look at the stats online. Any idea why our reputation is down to 107??? Someone had an engine failure or something??
Hi Dave,

Looks like it, I just landed at Heathrow from Cairo but nothing amiss on my flight that grabbed my attention. Perhaps someone else can throw light on any failures?

Rgds

John

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Not noticed anything on my flights either, but I wonder if it could have been the 1-11 APU.
The 1-11 APU is set as a proper 3rd engine in FS you see. :think:
If FlyNet ever failed the APU the pilot would not likely notice.
Depends on how FlyNet handles engine failures, but it's a thought.

DM

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr that Guys :wink:

I've flown my butt off today with 4 flights and 4 lots of Viscount pax on the domestic routes and feared the worst had happened. Interesting theory about the APU DM :think:

[edit] I've just gone through the last page of flights (show all) and can find nothing amiss with any of them. Our percentage has crept up to 108% which is good but I'm a bit miffed that there is no sign of a failure on any of the flights I've looked at :think: When I had the engine failure on the VC9, it was visible on the flightlog and then our % only went down to 110% I think and after a couple more flights, it was back to 120 again :k:

ATB

ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Eventually made it to norway after atempt number 5. Have booked the same flight 3 times, and the first 2 times flew it twice and the sodding client hung every time! :doh:

Last flight was a 100% er so not guilty.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Ben,

I've found the client has taken longer than usual to transmit the data today. I've just left it 3 or 4 minutes and then it seems to work. Odd!

Rgds

John