Stats, Fleet Status, Route Enquiry and Type Ratings

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

There you go see... Whatever my brain is thinking gets totally diluted by the time it gets to my fingers whereupon they do their own thing!.. Innit!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Hi

Took a dump of all VC10 and VC15 flights to day, and copied them into an Excel-sheet....

That revealed some duplicate legs, and some almost duplicate with only 30 minutes difference.....

Would it be of any interest to have a sheet with them all sorted on Departure?...I springs to your eye then....a lot space could be spared if we got rid of duplicates....the Excel sheet I made, was in order to see if there are some "dead-ends" in the VC10 route net.......It appears to me that some of the routings (or legs) aren't that good after we split them up into VC10 and VC15...there are a few routes that just end there, and the only way to come back is the same way you came...not much difference there....and certainly no room to find some alternative routes/legs your self....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dan,

There are a few duplicate routes for the VC10's but that was only to try and preserve the route by flight number where possible. I tried to leave a few duplicate starting flights from UK just in case two VC10 pilots happened to want to fly the same route at the same time. You'll maybe find a few other duplicate routes dotted around but again that was to try and preserve a route by flight number. Scheduled time differences could be due to timetable changes, most if not all the times were taken from schedules posted in the forum when requesting route info. None of the routes have been 'made up', they're just as posted so some may be an out and back by same routing, some may be an out and back via a different route. I've got a few other routes to add for the VC10's which I'll get round to in due course.
I'm pushing as hard as I can to get the Flightplan page changed at FlyNET so that you have to make a choice of flights to view before it views all. We have over 3300 flightplans now and the page takes a long time to load. Similarly when booking flights I'm asking if we can choose aircraft type before it displays all. Multi-rated pilots can find the choice a bit crowded sometimes from certain airports.

Rgds

John

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I fully understand, and I'm not pushing you in any way....you've done a great job.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi DM,

On the drop down menu of items to display, is there any chance of a 'Display the lot' option at the bottom? I know it's nice for others to 'home in' on specifics but I like to get the whole 'overview' as per the original stats pages. :smile:

Rgds

John

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Is it possible to have list over current fuel prices sorted after say global areas: Europe, middle east, far east, north America, south America etc.?
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Hm...I guess not :smile:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Try to look at Tom Moss' stats....there is absolutely something wrong!
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

soggy
Comet
Comet

Post by soggy »

Had a look at his stats,Looks like he had a slight accident at coventry,funny he never mentioned it when i spoke to him last.

I taught him how to fly the 748,perhaps i should offer him some continuation training?? :lol:

If United were playing in my garden,I would close the curtains.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Hiya David, could you add "Sort by Distance" at the route enquiry?
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image