FS9/FSX Grass testures...

Specifically but not exclusively for VA pilots.. details of recommended addon scenery that cover VA destinations.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Re: FS9/FSX Grass testures...

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Chris Trott wrote:I just wish we could get the CBFS Helicopter operations going. I'm getting an itch for some rotary work. :)
Co-incidentally, talking with Konny on saturday and I asked about the update to fix the helo problem with logging of correct times. Apparently it was sneaked in at some point without anyone telling us! This means of course that Wessex ops will be sooner rather than later. Just need to wade through the list of rigs/platforms for most the suitable and then get them added to the FlyNET database.

Rgds

John

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Nigel H-J wrote:Nigel 2 from Nigel 1........over!! :lol: :lol:

Installed picnic and found that the grass areas are very good however, one thing that I did notice was that when flying a helicopter and after landing in a field (before anyone asks why a field it is because I wanted to) :roll: the ground seemed to quiver backwards and forwards as though suffering from weed and feed withdrawal symptoms :o

Alas, you may already have guessed, it was back to basics which is unfortunate as it was a good replacement for MSF grass but just could not live with the quivers :roll:

Nigel 1. :worried:
Nigel 2 to Nigel 1

Well, I tried Picnic and in a nutshell I tried two different textures and found the same as you. Now, I did not notice it at all until I went into spot view and noticed the shimmy shammy. I used an airship since I am rubbish in a choper and noticed even the airship was moving slightly back and forth. Then the ants invaded the picnic so I went home leaving the picnic behind :lol: Maybe version 2.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Nigel 1 calling Nigel 2........Oh, this is getting confusing!! :brick:

If it's any consolation I too am rubbish with helicopters until one day I set the realism sliders (the top and bottom ones' )from max to half settings...then found I could hover without it defying all the laws of aerodynamics!! (That is if a helicopter has one) :lol:

As for the Picnic, well for me it is all over and now back to basics, but as you said, version 2 may bring a new meaning to a picnic.

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

:lol: :lol:

When I fly helicopters they certainly deny all the laws of aerodynamics! The only one I can fly reliably is the Westland Wessex.

bobdawkins
Viscount
Viscount

Post by bobdawkins »

Try this one, his 1st 1 wasn't too bad, so I'm trying this 1 to see if it's an improvement, just downloaded it, :cpu: :cpu: :doho: :doho:

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Miscellaneous Files
New! Runway, Asphalt, Concrete, and Lightning Spice Pak 2

Images related to this file:

raclsp2-1.jpg

File Description:
Spice Pak 2 includes Jaw Dropping grass detail texture with Lawnmower Tracks, and energized airport hard surface textures. Archive also contains new stunning Halo, and Spotlight textures for the most realistic enhancement, and more!

Filename: raclsp2.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 29th October 2007
Downloads: 1460
Author: Brian Neitzel
Size: 12061kb
Bob Dawkins,South-West Cambridgeshire, U.K, HGV lorry Driver. If thing's don't change they'll stay the same.