FS9/FSX Grass testures...

Specifically but not exclusively for VA pilots.. details of recommended addon scenery that cover VA destinations.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

FS9/FSX Grass testures...

Post by DanKH »

picnic_1.0.zip at AVSIM
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: FS9/FSX Grass testures...

Post by nigelb »

Dan,

Thanks for the heads-up!

Have you tried it? I was wondering, can it can be easily uninstalled if you don't like it.

cheers!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Nigel, from the other Nigel!! :lol:

Quite easy, if you have to copy the files to your Textures in FS9 before you do, create a new folder in 'My Documents' and call it say "back-up textures" then go to FS9 Textures select all then copy and paste into the folder you created.

After installing the grass or whatever and if you find that you do not like the new textures go into FS9 Textures, select all then delete everything. Then go into your back-up folder, copy and paste them into FS Texture Folder.

You will then have all the textures back as if nothing had been changed.

P.S. Just downloaded picnic_1.0.zip and it has its' own uninstall.

Regards Nigel.
Last edited by Nigel H-J on 13 Oct 2007, 20:33, edited 2 times in total.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just had a look at AVSIM and there is also PhotoGrass Beta by Moskvin Stanislav which also looks very good, think I will have to try both and see which one is best. :think:

Nigel.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Nigel 1 from Nigel 2 :lol:

Thanks for that information. Actually, I think I have backed up all my textures to a zip file on CD so I probably just need to make sure it is up to date. I dislike automatic install programs so I generally install to a temporary folder to see what is going where. I guess the reason I asked is because a cursory read of the LisezMoi file (kidding I read the English version) left me a bit puzzeled at some of the instruction translations into English. Things like "By defect, this interface will be recorded in the path Program files/PicNic" had me a little concerned, but I get the drift....I think ;-) Not criticising the author in any way, because my French is just about limited to knowing that "LisezMoi: means readme.

I just read the readme file again and I am betting that the origianl textures get copied into that Program files/PicNic folder because the instructions state "For uninstall the program, you must absolutely use the button “Uninstall PicNic” via the interface and then proceed to the complete uninstal via the repertory of PicNic."

Not a word on what happens if ants invade the picnic. :lol: Ok, I'll get my coat.

Cheers, :partyman:
The other one!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Nigel 2 from Nigel 1........over!! :lol: :lol:

Installed picnic and found that the grass areas are very good however, one thing that I did notice was that when flying a helicopter and after landing in a field (before anyone asks why a field it is because I wanted to) :roll: the ground seemed to quiver backwards and forwards as though suffering from weed and feed withdrawal symptoms :o

Alas, you may already have guessed, it was back to basics which is unfortunate as it was a good replacement for MSF grass but just could not live with the quivers :roll:

Nigel 1. :worried:

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Nigel 1 from Nigel 2 ..... over :lol: reminds me of Mrs Bail on her cell phone ... er make that mobile.

Thanks for that information, Nigel. I haven't installed it yet but may give it a try just to see if I have the same results.

Unlike you, if I fly helicopters I often land in fields and not because I want to and usually it is me doing the quivering after the landing. :lol:

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I just wish we could get the CBFS Helicopter operations going. I'm getting an itch for some rotary work. :)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I thought you were flying Green Mountain Chris??

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

No, just forgot to change my banner back again. I've been back with CBFS for some time now. Switched my banner back to GMA during the outage because I hate not having a signature, and I thought the tagline under it was funny. :)

Either way, signature's back to my FlyNET one, so as you can see, I'm happily a CBFS pilot again. Flew the Viscount from Brum to Jersey and back yesterday as well. Nice flight, first time on VATSIM I had a lot of ATC online in the UK as well, so it was definitely enjoyable.