Broadford

Specifically but not exclusively for VA pilots.. details of recommended addon scenery that cover VA destinations.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Broadford

Post by DispatchDragon »

Sometime ago Simon asked I believe about Broadford Airstrip

I have had the scenery sitting on my desktop for ages - but was loath to release it incase the rivetcounters were around ;)

I was looking at it today and decided to pick up the work again

I found this site quite accidently - http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Go ... GICqbvMbrQ

It gives some good aerial shots (which is what I had been hoping for) as well as some good shots on the ground

including A RAF SAR Sea King parked on the apron in front of the notorious Portkabins ;)

SO Simon and whoever else - get your Islanders ready - I can have it available very shortly if you still want it

Cheers

Leif

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Broadford

Post by Garry Russell »

Go for it Leif

We can never have too many....especailly the smaller rural pop in and out fun strips :dancer:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Looking forward to it. Nice flight from and to Glasgow. They used to fly along a glen that went from Loch Slapin to Broadford Bay. Red Cuillins and Blaven on the left as you arrived over Skye. That must have been a fantastic view when it was not cloudy. That was most of the time. Not called 'Eilean a Cheo' for nothing.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Paul

Hate to have two threads on the same subject running simulataneously - I posted some shots in the Gallery and Paul (Basys) has been supplying some
photos and good information - the problem seems that every time they hold a festival up there the configuration of the buildings change :brick:
Im presently working on making the tree line more to the aerial photos he provided (read smaller) and then I will let you guys have it if you wish -
All you need now is persuade your boss to build schedules for it -- Im also dicking around with placing the Waverley in the scenery just to add eye candy

Leif

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Has Broadford been done yet? Just to let you know there is talk on Skye of having a Regional airport?
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman