Nvidia Drivers

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Nvidia Drivers

Post by Nigel H-J »

Some time ago someone put in a link to a driver download for Nvidia Cards and I cannot for the life of me find it. This driver was done by somebody independant of Nvidia but apparently the driver is better than the one Nvidia produce?!!

So if anyone knows of the link I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Also, have lost my Creative SB Live driver for my sound card and as it is an old one from the days of Win98 2nd edition can anyone advise where I can download one for XP as it is no longer available on the Creative Labs site.

Many thanks

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Jonesey, thanks for the link but unfortunately it's not the one.

Nigel.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Was it Omega Drivers then?
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Hi Nigel,

Don't know if you can find anything on here to help.

http://www.guru3d.com/

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Nvidia Drivers

Post by nigelb »

Nigel H-J wrote: Also, have lost my Creative SB Live driver for my sound card and as it is an old one from the days of Win98 2nd edition can anyone advise where I can download one for XP as it is no longer available on the Creative Labs site.

Many thanks

Nigel.
I think Creative considers the SB Live as being at the end of it's product life so all the drivers are archived.

http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/d ... &x=22&y=10

That brought me to a page fopr the SB Live version 5.1 drivers. If the above link does not work try

http://www.soundblaster.com/language.as ... /downloads

Select as appropriate for the three sections which should bring you to a page where you select your product. If you select SB Live 5.1 you will then get the page that says

"The product you have selected has reached the end of its service life. Support for this product is limited to materials available on the Creative Customer Support website before its discontinuation. This may include Knowledge Base solutions, drivers, application updates and product documentation. Search archives now. "

Note the last sentence and click on the link "Search archives now." You should be able to find what you need there (after filling in more pulldown forms).

From one to another!
Nigel

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Jonesey definately Nvidia, in fact, I think Graham has found it for me!! :welldone: Many thanks for the link Graham that's the one.

Hi Nigel, many thanks for the link will search it on Monday when I have more time. Just hit me......Not many us Nigels' on this forum....Must start a recruitment campaign!!!! :lol:

Again, thanks to all for your help.

Nigel.