Remote 'soundcard' connections

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Remote 'soundcard' connections

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

I'm looking for a piece of kit to make my mb 'soundcard' connectors accessable without having to gain access to the rear of my pc as it's a PITA to pull it out and back again. Some time back I saw a panel that slotted into a spare bay on the front of the pc which had cables which went through your pc, out the back and plugged into the normal sockets. A bit like a posh extension lead. I'm not looking to fix anything onto the front of the PC, I'll just leave it dangling in a convenient location where I can get to it with ease. I've had a dig around a few online PC stores but haven't come across one yet. If anyone knows what the item is called, or knows of a similar solution then I'd be grateful for a link to same.

Rgds

John

basys
VC10
VC10

Re: Remote 'soundcard' connections

Post by basys »

Hi Folks

John
Probably much cheaper & easier to buy a cable extension set.
Leave it permanently plugged in,
with the free ends accessible around the front.

Any good audio shop, or even Comet/Currys/etc will have them.

HTH
ATB
Paul
I've never felt so frustrated....... died so frequently/spectacularly/or needlessly....... yet had so much fun, in a long time.
Flight's Landing Challenges - Earn your wings !

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Remote 'soundcard' connections

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I have a similar problem as my tower is under the desk and as it is a corner desk it is hard against the drawers on one side and the rear panel at the back. I got around the problem cheaply by using one of these.....

They are available over here from 'The Source', the Canadian equivalent of 'Radio Shack' and work very well. The push button lets you switch between a head set and speakers so you can have both connected at the same time and switch between them as required.
Larry