Saitek X 52

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Seaking
VC10
VC10

Saitek X 52

Post by Seaking »

Finally got my hands on this beauty yesterday, does anyone know of a tutorial that someone has
done, I think you need a joystick PHD to program this puppy. I'm reading away here so if anyone
can point me in a direction I would appreciate it.
AsusP5Q mobo P45 Chipset
QX6850 extreme 3ghz running at 3.6
4 gig OCZ DDR2 1066Mhz PC8500
XFX 8800GTS 512 G92Engine

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Saitek X 52

Post by airboatr »

Hi Seaking
I have the X52, I just use FS9 to set up my control assignments.
But, there is a defult FS9 profile for the in the SST profile software, But I've never used it.
Although the SST program isn't to hard to use, I chose to use the setup in FS9

either way you have yerself a nice contoller,

btw I have a steering wheel and peddles controller set up so I can use the peddles for the rudder
and have the wheel clamped to the side of my desk used to adjust elevator trim and use some of the buttons
as well.......it works nice
I could get a regular set of peddles , but whats the fun in that?

Joe

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

I have the X52, i use the saitek software to program the key presses as use two modes to switch between bombing drop key press and general use... The sliders i use FS to set them to various FS settings such as trim, prop pitch, flaps. I found it daughting for a start but found it easy to do, just be careful if using this route when you update the software and drivers, there can be clashes and crashes...

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I have a X52 (and also a X45) and have been using the beta drivers and beta software for a while now and love them. I use the Saitek software to profile all the buttons but assign axes in game.

For combat sims like BoBII-WoV I use all three modes, but for for FSX/9 I just use a single mode and still have buttons left unused.
Larry

Seaking
VC10
VC10

Post by Seaking »

Thanks for the info guys, yes I noticed some issues when I went to use the latest drivers from Saitek as
there is a new version out now. Once I installed them it uninstalled all the other software, so ripped it all out
again and just went with what came on the joystick cd.

I have to say it's one wicked piece of hardware, I didn't realise just how crapped out my last joystick was it's
like flying silk with the X 52. I'm a glutton for punishment, as I have all the nulls at zero and all the senseitivities
at max.
AsusP5Q mobo P45 Chipset
QX6850 extreme 3ghz running at 3.6
4 gig OCZ DDR2 1066Mhz PC8500
XFX 8800GTS 512 G92Engine

Kimber
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Kimber »

I just plug it in and let XP do its thing with its own drivers, never had a problem,
to calibrate, just unplug, count to 2 and plug it back in!!

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

ohhh geezz
like a NAPA Auto parts store
all the right pars in all the right places

is that a pair of Gateway PCs? I have one GT5016E upgraded Video and Sound cards ........memory

Kimber
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Kimber »

airboatr wrote:ohhh geezz
like a NAPA Auto parts store
all the right pars in all the right places

is that a pair of Gateway PCs? I have one GT5016E upgraded Video and Sound cards ........memory
E-machines, same thing!! The one on the far right is a media special with 7/1 sound, I play
FS9 through it!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Brad built all my new furniture, the hard part was the shelf the monitors sit on, it is curved!!
The pedestals the controller are on weigh about 20 pounds!!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Welcome back Kimber, not seen you around the forums for ages!!

I was involved with the Tangmere Museum simulators and we used these joysticks as they are as tough as old boots! We have had to have one repaired through over enthusistic use, but overall I would heartily reccommend them. When my old MS finally gives up the ghost, I will buy an X52.
ATB Trev