Sunk?

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Sunk?

Post by DaveB »

John..

They'll be in FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery and shouldn't be anywhere else as far as I know. 'Normal' traffic files begin with the word traffic followed by a brief description of what the content is.. I know this is teaching your granny to suck eggs but I the folder open in front of me :) Try taking out everything with 'traffic' starting as the filename except the file you want to see (Ark Royal in this case) and trafficAircraft.bgl which is your default traffic file. I don't have many outside default so it's easy for me :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Dave as far as I know it is the FS9 format that is objected to and it will most likely be in trafficAircraft.bgl the size of mine is 22.0mb and is default I have not installed any AI air traffic.

There is a little prog that will change Fs9 format to FSX which should fix things.
Rich

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Rich..

My trafficAircraft.bgl is default and 22.0mb too :) I think I only have one 'new' aircraft traffic file which sends Rick's Jetstreams all over the shop from Culdrose.. the others are all ship traffic.
Perhaps then, he should take them all out except the Ark/Victorious traffic files and see if his carriers turn up. I dunno.. it's an odd one *-) I take it the default carrier traffic is included in trafficAircraft.bgl?
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

No chaps,

The trafficaircraft.bgl only includes the default AI aircraft. No ships (or anything else are included in that file) There will be separate files for other AI wether they be ships of aircraft. The default shipping file is TrafficBoats.bgl, but this wont include Ark or any addons. The trick is to remove all of the trafic files apart from TrafficBoats.bgl and TrafficAircraft.bgl. Add in the Ark traffic file and then see if the AI shipping appears. If it does, then one of the Traffic files that youve temporarily moved out is in FS9 format.

The best converter and AI tool for FSX and FS9 is now... http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?JS=True&Folder=AIFP
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

Thanks for all the follow up on this... :welldone:

I'm trying various things. I'm guessing it is an FS9 traffic file somewhere as suggested but I'm having a b****d dificult job isolating it. One odd thing though the carrier Mission "Carrier Tutorial" does work and that carrier is there. I've also managed to make the Clemencau work and to find the Ark Royal at Gib by turning off all scenery apart from the stuff you can't now so progress is being made.... The other carriers listed in flights like Carrier Cuba, Carrier Pensacola and Carrier Maui that are missing but I'm starting to think that maybe these aren't FS-X native flights.... :worried:

Oh well, need to do some proper work now! :shhh: Thanks again guys I'll update on progress in a day or two.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi John,

From what your describing it may be that you have a traffic file in one of your scenery folders. Basically, the default location for traffic files is...
(fsx directory)\scenery\world\scenery\
this location also contains non traffic files too, so be carefull what you move, as a rule of thumb all traffic files begin "traffic"

However, some developers add AI traffic int their scenery folders. for example, they may create an airport in the \addon scsenery folder and add an AI traffic file for that airport. This traffic file will be read when that scenery area is enabled, so it may be that your rogue file is in a scenery folder and not the main traffic folder.

ImageImageImage

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Where did Carrier Cuba, Carrier Pensacola and Carrier Maui come from sounds very much like FS9 to me.

I know very well where the traffic.bgl's should be, addon scenery will probably not have a identifiable traffic file.

Moral be careful what you throw at your FS and test when you have so you do not forget what and when you installed.

Why the aversion to going to Flying Stations as the producer of Ark and Victorious.

Time I retired I think.
Rich

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I don't thing its a Flying Stations issue Rich, just a general FS one I suspect. :)

ImageImageImage

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

One odd thing though the carrier Mission "Carrier Tutorial" does work and that carrier is there.
That carrier isn't following an AI traffic plan, it's positioned by the mission scripting system when you run the tutorial.

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Could those carriers have come from here ??

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/ ... s-1-and-2/

or this zip from Flightsim.com completely free carriertracks1and2.zip

Flying Stations Ark was the first mentioned which is why I got involved, sorry.
Rich