Sunk?

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Sunk?

Post by JohnWillimas »

I've used aircraft carriers several times in FS-X though I wouldn't consider myself an addict of cats & traps. Took off yesterday from Gibraltar to land on the Flying Stations "Ark Royal" as I have in the past (set the time and day roght, natch) but its nowhere to be found. Plus every other flight that shoud start on a carrier (including the standard FS-X Accelaration ones) puts you staionery in mid air where a carrier ought to be but without the carrier. :help:

Best I've found on other boards is that some traffic files can cause this, but I've moved every thing that looks like a "traffic bgl" out of the FS-X directories with no effect. :dunno:

Wondered if anyone here had solved a similar problem?

Rich
VC10
VC10

Re: Sunk?

Post by Rich »

You may want to look on Flying Stations there are one or two there that may be able to answer.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Flying_Stat ... _Stations/

:hide: :hide:
Rich

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

If you have added an AI traffic file that is in the FS9 format, this will disable all FSX native AI traffic files, including all ships. Given that youre not getting even the default FSX AI, it sounds like you have a rogue FS9 traffic file somewhere. ;)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Hopefully what you take as a traffic.bgl does not include things like trafficVic44.bgl or trafficArk.bgl, these are the ship traffic and are essential.

The Flying Stations that have carriers that you can go to are saved flights, Victorious has 3 I think.
Rich

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

From memory at the moment Ark does'nt have any flights that will put you aboard, go to Gibralter at the time it should should be there, it always is for me and you should see it there. If it worked for you before it should work now, if you have a problem with the FSX default carriers you may have something gone wrong in your setup.

Have you added the Ark install off Flightsim.com ?? same goes for the one on Britsim they are very old 1st versions and will give another Ark in the wrong place, on a very short track and could be a problem if you do not know about it, the only current and correct version is on Flying Stations.com

A visit to Flying Stations Forum is in order I think, someone there may put you right.
Rich

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Rich,

If I understand John's post correctly, its not about AI landing on Ark, its that Ark (as with other AI ships) have disappeared and this is almost certainly because an FS9 formatted traffic file has been added into the FS9 setup. This FS9 file does not necessarily relate to AI shipping or Ark etc, but if you add any FS9 formated traffic file into your FSX traffic folders, all of the native FSX AI (including all shipping and anything which has an FSX formated traffic file) will be disabled and only the FS9 ones will run. ;)

ImageImageImage

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

The way I read it he wants to land on/take off Ark, It can be done when you find her, go to Gib airport at the right time and she should be there but there is nothing to place you on Ark, Victorious has 3 saved flights that will put you on the deck in Iceland,Scapa and Malta I think albit in a Cessna but you can change aircraft on deck..

Never looked at AI landing on a moving carrier since AI uses a AFCAD to direct them and AFCAD's are static this is why there are no moving carriers in the go to list, they are moving.

I may well be wrong though

Seems it worked before so has anything been added like one of the AI addon's that cause a lot of bother.

:hide: :hide:
Rich

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Rich,

No, he's saying all of his Carriers have disappeared matey ;)

ImageImageImage

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Odd seems it takes him to the right place and alt but no visible ship so FSX is reading something.

Beyond me I think.
Rich

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

lol, FSX uses AI traffic files to position the ships and have them steaming along, in this case off Gib. If you start a flight from a carrier, the aircraft will be postioned where the carrier should be, but if there ios an FS9 traffic file in the mix somewhere, (or the AI carrier file has been deleted) The ship wont be there so you'll end up in the drink :guinn:

ImageImageImage