Argosy Install Query

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Argosy Install Query

Post by Tomliner »

I installed the Argosy from our library but for some reason I can only see one texture in FS.I've checked the aircraft.cfg file and all the [FLTSIM.xx] entries are there and numbered sequentially from 0 to 17,as are all the 18 textures in the FSDS2 AW Argosy folder.The aircraft that I can select is G-APRL which corresponds to [FLTSIM 17}.Everything else seems to be ok.Any ideas anyone? *-) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Argosy Install Query

Post by DaveB »

Hi Eric :hello:

I don't have the Argosy in FSX so am not really qualified to answer your question. However.. I can ask questions! :lol: Are all the other textures present in the aircraft folder? You mention you can only see one 'in sim' but if they're all present in their individual texture folders.. it will point to something else. I know Ben has this in FSX already but I'm happy to download it from the library and try and FSX install for you :)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

Just had a quick shufti at the .cfg

The one you can see is the only one with "ui manufacturer=armstrong whitworth"

All the others are under Hawker Siddeley :dunno:

Nige

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Ooops,you are quite correct Nigel! I should have spotted that. As Napolean said with his hand in his coat- 'I feel a right t*t' (assuming that it was his left hand!).BTW I'm still using FS9.
Had a few other distractions on returning home after a few days away-a large nail in a front tyre on the car which has now been repaired and just found out that the printerhead on my (little used but out of warranty) printer has gone u/s.Oh what joy!Thanks Nigel and Dave :thumbsup: EricT

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Eric, :hello:
That's what you get for only using it a little. Did you try stuff like "clean print head", and if it's too blocked up for that, a poke with a wet cotton tip/cotton bud (on plastic stick - whatever they call them in UK).
A new printer will probably cost you about the same as replacement ink cartridges. If it's laser it's a sadder story, but again, a set of coloured laser carts for mine sets me back more than the whole original purchase.
Glad the intelli-gents cleared up your Argosy mystery.

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Mike,yes I used the head cleaning utility,changed cartridges and printed a number of test pages.When I get back home I'll take the print head off and clean it with a stiff wire brush!(joking) the problem is with the Cyan or lack of it.It's a Kodak printer and I've gone through their online diagnostics.They don't have this type of head in stock at the moment so I'll firtle round t'internet.I'll try manually cleaning the head first though. :) EricT

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Sri Eric. Not sure if it's my age or what but I downloaded the FSX Argosy then forgot about it until now :wall: Glad you're sorted ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

It works out of the box as AI in FSX :)

George

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

What a dynamic language we have...."FIRTLE" hasn't even made it onto Wiki yet, but we can read it here already!! :-O

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

You're in the right place here Mike to see the Queen's English as like what it should be wrote! :agree: EricT
ps,I removed the printhead to to give it a good clean but to no avail.I've had to order a new one from Kodak,who were actually cheaper than other suppliers I looked at.However the emailed order confirmation states that due to the 'popularity' of the item they are waiting for more stock!Sounds like a nice little earner for them