W10 and Prepar3d

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

W10 and Prepar3d

Post by Chris Sykes »

Well that's one way to force my hand to upgrade from V2.5 to V3.3, installed Windows 10 upgrade at the weekend and it completely screwed my Prepar3d V2.5 install so it was able to load the default flight but couldn't change aircraft. Ended up uninstalling and deciding to purchase V3 as its a good excuse to do it now as I will be reinstalling anyway.

How are V3 users setting up their add-ons with the new add-on format? Using one folder and installing to this separate from P3d or individually setting up add-on folders IE D:\Just Flight D:\Captain Sim etc?

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: W10 and Prepar3d

Post by DaveG »

I have an "P3d User" folder that holds add-on scenery, gauges, effects etc, although aircraft are still in the main P3d SimObjects folder, albeit in separate folders for User aircraft, AI, ships etc.
I usually let most payware addons install themselves in their default locations to avoid any possible issues. The update method used by LM doesn't usually affect them.
Dave G.

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Have installed V3 and already ran into some issues when installing to a separate location, JF Tornado being one, just having the fun of reinstalling everything again... Have anyone using V3 got the Earthsims Isle of Man installed OK?

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I've got ED IoM installed in P3d, but it was a copy'n'paste job from FSX.
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

This stuff remains the nightmare it always was!!

I've had IoS installed and running well with everything there for ages. Thought I'd be brave and install Alderney. Not much there so what could possibly go wrong *-) Well.. the usual stuff was wrong. No airport fire building.. missing autogen buildings and the row of hotels on the sea front missing. Tried using the alternate file supplied by Tony Meredith to bring these things back and indeed they did. I had some bushes missing at first look but next time I went.. they'd appeared. All was well with the world.
A few weeks later.. I decided to do some screenies over the IoS and what did I find?? A lot of the buildings had changed and many were now derelict without roofs :wall: Hen's teeth. I'm glad ES went under in one way. I've dared not try the IoM :hide:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

I had IoM installed as its somewhere nice to pop over to and land. Wonder if Orbx are going to look at making a version as they have with the channel islands, don't see why not as they stated they wouldn't do it while ES IoM was there...