Spitfire VR Cockpit

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Spitfire VR Cockpit

Post by FlyTexas »

Beautiful, Martin! :welldone: You and your team must be proud of your work. :thumbsup: I think I see a bit of Spitfire paint on the barrel in the background. :lol:

Brian

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

Thought no one would notice that! Had to test it somewhere, just to make sure the spray was consistent enough.

Yes, it's starting to look good. Going to be a busy day tomorrow, trying it all out but it's getting there. After this, we build another and then take it from there. Bit late I think to take to Cosford but who knows. We already have one Museum very interested in the idea and it needn't be a Spitfire, we can build basically anything, although my hints of a T-6 cockpit fell on deaf ears! ;)

Will try and take some more tomorrow. Going to be a late evening.....

Martin

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Looks great, martin.
Is it going to get the bubble section of canopy?

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

It is but will be open when not in use as don't want to make it too claustrophobic for the 'pilot'. Wouldn't be very good for the person that after 5 seconds decides it's not for them (and we have had a few of those already).

Just tried it for the first time a few minutes ago and wow, very good indeed. Felt as if I was there and then when I took the Rift off I was still there. Can't explain it now, will try and take some photos when I find the time. Still, lots to do and the clock is ticking.....

Best wishes,

Martin

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

This is exactly the kind of thing I'd like to home build, to go with my Rift!

Only trouble is, what one aircraft to choose! I'm fortunate to have a genuine Supermarine Scimitar F1 panel, which would make a cracking start... but then I also love helicopters and have proper helicopter controls... Then again I have a Hunter PR11 nose cone, and if I could find a cockpit to match (anyone know of such?!) then it'd be another serious option! Oh boy...

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro