Controllable USB fan?

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Controllable USB fan?

Post by spatialpro »

Two recent events have conspired to ignite an idea in my head...

1) I was flying VR (Rift CV1) around the excellent Sim720 Inverness and FTX Scotland last week in Ant's Tiger Moth. It felt sooooo real the only thing I felt was missing was the wind in my face :fly:

2) It is now bloody hot and humid in most of the UK and sitting in front of the PC I'm using a little USB fan to cool down B-)

Now, once upon a time a major computer company (can't recall which) sold a product with coloured back-lights and fans. These changed according to conditions in first person shooters. At the time I thought of buying one to try with Flight Sim, but never did. Fast forward to today and it has struck me that it would be great to have a USB fan with variable speed and rotating head, but which are controlled from the PC, not the hardware. With the Rift on and flying in an open cockpit the fan could perhaps be controlled via FSUIPC or some other code to change speed and direction according to IAS and direction of airflow (angle of attack etc). :fly: Soooo (and maybe the heat is just getting to me! :'( ) all I need to get started is a USB fan which is controllable via the PC. My search has so far been fruitless, unfortunately. Has anyone here ever come across such? If you do in the future please think of me!

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Controllable USB fan?

Post by airboatr »

OMG :doh:

Image.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Controllable USB fan?

Post by blanston12 »

Maybe these?
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.