The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

This Can Ruin Everybody's Fun Of Creating & Post Screenshots

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Photobucket had made important announcement 2 days ago that could potentially ruin everybody's fun of creating and posting screenshots.

PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images.

Here is new rule for Photobucket: Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. [font color="e63d19"]The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting[/font]. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Photobucket's new pricing system:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does [font color="e62c19"]not allow [/font]any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but [font color="e62c19"]not allow [/font] 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Here is the link for specific explanations by computer analyst experts as seen on this link:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photo ... ed-images/

This is going to destroy flightsimmers' important hobby of creating beautiful screenshots. Guess I will have to look for another very reliable and superb photo image hosting site. Shesshhhhh.

Regards,

Aharon

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: This Can Ruin Everybody's Fun Of Creating & Post Screenshots

Post by FlyTexas »

Yesterday I changed my avatar from photobucket to Flickr. All of my screenies will now be hosted on Flickr. Goodbye photobucket! :lol:

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

To be honest.. the massive amounts of storage offered FOC has gone on a lot longer than I thought it would. Buy a new PC.. 50gb of storage. Buy a new Windows phone.. 50gb storage. It was only a matter of time before it all got cut back. I think I have a Photobucket account but it's been so long since I've been there.. it's probably been swallowed up with Aharon's screenshots :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Oh, well, 8) I might just upload mine to my website, and link to that. B-)
I don't know that they will actually appear in the post, but they'll be available to see.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Imgur is a good picture hosting site. I dropped Photobucket years ago.

http://imgur.com/

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Airspeed wrote:
01 Jul 2017, 14:58
Oh, well, 8) I might just upload mine to my website, and link to that. B-)
I don't know that they will actually appear in the post, but they'll be available to see.
That's what I've always done Mike...Never have used photobucket :agree:

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Dave,

Ha ha ha ha I think I have one million screenshots at Photobucket that they are now holding as hostage in lame attempt to extort me for fee of 399 bucks per month.

PC Magazine is reporting on this news item with screaming headline "Photobucket breaks links across the Internet"

Here is the article:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/photo ... e-internet

Thanks all for very interesting comments.

I have been using Photobucket for almost TEN years for millions of my screenshots published in various aviation forums and NOW I have to look for a new image hosting site that can offer BBB code below each of 25 screenshots per page so that I can click on BBB img code and paste on forum post for fast work writing a flight screenshot report.

Got to evaluate Imgur and Flickr as well as FSFiles to see which one offers me painless and fast copy of IMG codes. Remember I publish an average of 45 screenshots per post.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

While Photobucket is ruining all aviation forums' screenshot or photo subforums by replacing screenshots and photos with black boxes, Photbucket also is ruining many virtual airlines' websites and homepages by replacing screenshots or photos with black boxes as seen on example of the following link:

http://www.virtualaca.net/index.php/tour/category/3

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

When testing Imgur and FSFiles, I have discovered that those two image hosting website do NOT automatically resize my screenshots from 1920x900 to 1024x500 during uploadings that Photobucket can do.

I really need any image hosting website that can automatically resize DURING UPLOADING any number of screenshots from 1920x800 to 1024x500.

Regards,

Aharon

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Aharon, have a look at PostImage. You can tell it not to resize at all - which I use when posting to particular forums because I have already edited the image to size - or tell it to resize to your preference.
I have used it for years, I just wish there was a slideshow function, but that is a minor issue. I can copy/paste direct links to individual images or complete galleries. For images I just need to add the Image tags to the URL copy/pasted from my PostImage account...

http://postimages.org/

ATB
MikeW