The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

PaulC
VC10
VC10

CH Eclipse Yoke

Post by PaulC »

Hello Chaps,

I got a CH Eclipse Yoke a month or so back and just thought I'd pop on here what an absolute joy it is to use.

As I don't have rudder pedals, the paddle things work a treat (if a little unnatural) but the main bonus is the action of the yoke itself.

It doesn't have a defined centre- i.e. it has the ability that if you put the yoke somewhere near centre in the pitch axis, it stays there. You don't always have to be chasing that last click of trim, which from my experience is far more realistic.

It's got a nice level of friction and at the end of the travel on an axis it's quite stiff so it's not easy to end up overcorrrecting.

All in all it's great- I've had a Saitek yoke (awful) and my old cadet Sqn had the Saitek Cessna yoke (slightly better) but this is far beyond both of them.

I'd love the replica 737 things they do but as I don't have a money tree in the back garden, that's not going to happen and I'm perfectly happy with this.

Hope you're all well- I've been away from the PC a lot with work, house renovatikn, new job with the Air Cadets etc but still get on here all the time- just don't get chance to join in as much.

Paul

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: CH Eclipse Yoke

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Hi Paul

I've been using a CH FlightSim yoke for many years (it predates the Eclipse yoke) and I'm perfectly happy with it. I did invest in a Saitek yoke, but hated the defined centre and also found it very 'sticky' in it's movement (not to mention a bug with the drivers - an unassigned switch - which resulted in random events such as gear raising and lowering or spontaneous changes of view). The Saitek is gathering dust in a cupboard, whilst some of the plastic of the CH yoke has been worn to a high gloss finish through continued use.
You've made a good choice with the CH Eclipse yoke, which if it's anything like mine will give you years of trouble free use.

Also, good to see you on the telly again. I'm an avid viewer and hold in great respect the work that you and your colleagues do :thumbsup: .

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

I have the Cessna Saitek yoke - it's OK but it is a pain to set up and forces me further away from the monitor and what with rapidly diminishing eyesight :dunno:
I will slip in a thumbs up for the new kid on the block here, very please with my new VKB Gladiator joystick - it's Russian and solid and precise. Very pleased. :OT:
Alex

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Paul. Like Kevin, I've had a CH Products yoke (and rudder pedals) for several years now with no problems. When I bought them from RCSimulations at Bristol I was advised to occasionally lubricate the shaft of the yoke with a PTFE based spray.
All I can say is that after about 14 years of use, it's still going.
Prior to that for about a year I used a MS Sidewinder joystick which I still have boxed up in reserve, just in case.
Hope you have many years of enjoyment with your yoke. :thumbsup: Best wishes EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!