The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

What Is This Error Message

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Yesterday and today, I had experienced freeze (screen freeze) of FSX during climbing after take off in few flights. Usually 7 minutes after take off.

I looked at event viewer and could NOT find any errors for FSX.

But scrolling down few days back and I saw the following words that I am wondering if any of you know what in the heck this is as seen below.

What can I do to fix this error that is called Radar_Pre_Leak_WOW64 error message for FSX? What caused it? The description says:

Radar_Pre_Leak_WOW64

fsx.exe

c:Users\Aharon\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR155.temp\empty.text

c:Users\Aharon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER156.tempWERInternalMetadata.xml

I have no idea what is it???? I ran sfc/scannow and it revealed no problems.

I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 set in Windows 10 Pro operating system

Thanks,

Aharon

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: What Is This Error Message

Post by Aharon »

I got fed up by strange freezes of FSX so I rebooted the pc and now I am flying a testing flight while FSX seems to be holding and running without problems.

That does not solve my two questions: Why did FSX freeze in few flights yesterday and today? And why was there NO NO NO error messages in the event viewer???

Regards,

Aharon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Aharon,

I remember having a nightmare with FSX years ago. Some things to check:-

AI aircraft or flightplans that are incorrect can cause the Sim to crash.

Scenery which has incorrect radio frequencies defined. (There was a bug in an old version of VFR Scenery where I think it was Biggin Hill had an issue, that if you tuned to that frequency as you climbed out of Heathrow, it would crash the sim. I'm also convinced that some of the old sound configs in FS9 models can cause problems with FSX. I know things got better when I changed the old DSD_XML_SOUND gauge for the FSX compatible one.

The error logs in Windows don't usually get the detail you need for FSX and you get what are actually generic descriptions of standard events in the event logs.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

TSR2,

Thanks for great explanations. Never knew about incorrect radio frequencies for scenery! So far, I had successfully completed a flight and I am PRAYING that my next flights would not give any problems!

Regards,

Aharon

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Do you use Active Sky weather?

Do you have hyperthreading enabled?
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

adysmith wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 08:17
Do you use Active Sky weather?
No
adysmith wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 08:17
Do you have hyperthreading enabled?
I dunno but everybody said that my MSI laptop is capable of hyperthreading although I do not know where to find info to see if hyperthreading function is activated or not.

Here is link for my laptop's specs:

https://us.msi.com/Laptop/GE62VR-APACHE ... o-overview

Regards,

Aharon

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

If you have hyperthreading enabled (it is somewhere in the BIOS I believe) then you will "appear" to have twice as many cores as you really have.

With hyperthreading you really need to allow Active Sky to set an Affinity Mask in order to try to p revent the dreaded "ten minute freeze" phenomenon (although it can b e as short as six or seven minutes).

Without hyperthreading my own experience is that you most definitely do NOT want an affinity mask set.

I do not (as far as I can tell) have hyperthreading o n my main PC at home, and initially I allowed Active Sky to set an affinity mask.
The pauses varies from occasional to frequent and I tried all sorts to cure them.
Only when I got rid of the affinity mask did I get rid of them completely!

Ady
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Well I do not have Active Sky gimmick or software so does it mean all is good for me?

Regards,

Aharon