Invisible cockpit

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Jonbear
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Invisible cockpit

Post by Jonbear »

Hello, I'm fairly new to flight simming and have only today found your website. Until now I've been figuring things out for myself and researching online. I've always been interested in old propliners and turboprops so was delighted to find the Vickers Viscount 700 series here. I've downloaded and installed the FSX version (I have FSX steam ) twice now and although the thumbnails appear in the FSX menu & the outside of the plane appears on the apron, inside the cockpit the camera hovers in thin air about 12ft above the tarmac. I can look around at the scenery and things happening at the airport, but no cockpit or plane from the inside. I've since downloaded the fabulous HS748 which works very well. I know I've done something wrongly when installing the Vickers, but I don't know what. I've read and re read the instructions and tried putting the folders in different places, but no luck so far. I'd be really grateful if someone might have an idea where my mistake is and perhaps how to correct it.
thanks for your time,
Jon

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Invisible cockpit

Post by DaveG »

Hi Jon, and welcome. :hello:

The Viscount doesn't have a 3d cockpit, only 2d panels, so what you see is normal.
Dave G.

Jonbear
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Jonbear »

ok, thanks very much for your quick response

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Welcome Jon :thumbsup:

The only Viscount I know of with a VC was/is released by Just Flight and made by Aeroplane Heaven. What they produced is more 'generic' than any of the ones made by Rick Piper (and painted in their hundreds by Gary Russell) but if you're not a rivet counter.. it'll do. The full retail price isn't too bad but it's much nicer if you can wait for it to appear in a sale ;)

Product link here: https://www.justflight.com/searchresult ... y=Viscount

Link to 3 screenies of it I took recently here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30029

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Jonbear
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Jonbear »

Thanks very much for your pointer, I have seen the just flight version and may get it. This one is the one I've been after though, as it's a 700 series, so I'm delighted to use the 2D panels, which are particularly good. It has inspired me to get some software and try my hand at designing & painting, so who knows, after years of practice, maybe I can produce something myself and give back some freeware too. Many thanks for your efforts.
Jon

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No problem Jon :thumbsup:

The 'FSX' version in our library isn't FSX native.. it was just tweaked so all the bits and pieces appeared in FSX. The good thing about this is there are a hell of a lot of repaints for it. Gary used to upload to Flightsim.com so that's a good place to start ;) There probably isn't one he didn't miss :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!