Win 10.

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Win 10.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Decided to take the plunge and upgrade from Win7 to 10. Installation went OK and everything from the desktop point of view is very similar to that of Win7. You can still upgrade free of charge which I thought I had missed as the free upgrade apparently ceased last year, a few months after I came back onto the internet however, found out from the link given at the bottom, you can still upgrade though don't know how long this will continue for.

One problem I came across was when I started FSX to see if anything was affected by the update. The Dove, HS748 and Fokker Friendship did not show up when loaded so uninstalled then reinstalled having to go through the validation, once back in FSX they worked OK but......FSUIPC had lost some of its' configurations (which I though a bit odd) and had to reset some of the buttons and switches as well as controls :wall:

Have yet to try out other games I have such as rfactor 2, Dirt Rally and of course CLoD.

Oh well, back to the computer and see what else isn't doing what it should. :worried:

At the end of the day, I am happy that I have been able to upgrade and will take any problems and sort them out as I go along, after all, I have plenty of time on me hands!! :lol:

http://www.techradar.com/news/want-wind ... or-nothing

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.