FS9 On New Windows 10 PC

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

FS9 On New Windows 10 PC

Post by Tomliner »

Having taken the plunge and bought a new pc I'm feeling my way round Windows 10 after XP. I'm also trying to get FS9 working.
So far I've installed from disc onto driveD (OS is on C drive. I've updated to 9.1 and installed the relevant no cd patch and am now checking how it runs. Earlier I backed up my complete FS9 folder from the old pc but not yet copied it in. The old backup includes VFR Photographic scenery for parts of the UK, some of which were originally for FS2002 but worked fine in FS9.
Prior to starting all this I bought VFR Photographic sceneries from Flightstore which were on offer.These have not yet been installed but should give greater area coverage.
My question is when I copy in my complete existing backup should I then see the opportunity to uninstall the existing sceneries prior to installing the new discs? I don't want to install the newer discs on the old pc. Sorry it' s a bit long winded.EricT :)

Ps meant to say that the newer VFR files will replace and extend the existing ones.
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!