Honeycomb yoke and throttles

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Honeycomb yoke and throttles

Post by Paul K »

I saw this company advertised recently on Froogle, and their products look very interesting:

http://flyhoneycomb.com/

http://www.pcpilot.net/2017/01/11/new-yoke-announced/

Ho-hum you might say, as did I, until I read that they come with a five-year warranty, which is remarkable given the hammering this gear gets from frequent simmers. The throttle quadrant, with its trim wheel, gear lever, annunciators and autopilot buttons looks very good indeed. Prices are very reasonable too.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Honeycomb yoke and throttles

Post by Vancouver »

The price stacks up very well considering it incorporates switches which Saitek/Logitech charge a similar amount just for the Switch panel....... and (for me at any rate) is flakey in operation at the best of times. :dunno:
Alex

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Thank you Paul,
Lots of switches!
That'll be worth considering when my CH yoke & pedals fall over.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Fantastic find Paul, when you look at their throttle quadrants they are slightly more than the CH Throttle Quadrant but by far much better equipped. being able to use the AP that is on the quadrant is a brilliant move by the company and will bring realism a bit nearer. I can see many going for it.

This is certainly on my wish list and have bookmarked the page.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Alex, Mike, Nigel - cheers chaps. :) Seven programmable switches and a flaps lever on that throttle quadrant too - and all for about £155. That really is a good price, especially with the long warranty. I'm leaving work next month, and will hopefully take up flight-simming again - this new gear might be coming out just at the right time for me. :thumbsup:

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Sorry for my late reply.
This looks an interesting piece of kit, but I would really like to try it before buying (having been disappointed with a SAITEK yoke a few years back).
One thing I would really like, is a reverse thrust detent on the throttle quadrant. From the pictures, this doesn't appear to be available. Any further info?

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just came back to this thread as went to Amazon to see how much my CH Throttle Quadrant is now, as far as I can remember when I first purchased it many years ago it was around £100 now it is selling for at Amazon at £125.78 + £7.81 for UK delivery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CH-Products-30 ... B0002A59Z4

For another £25 you get a lot more for the Honeycomb throttles including warranty.
One thing I would really like, is a reverse thrust detent on the throttle quadrant. From the pictures, this doesn't appear to be available. Any further info?
Have a look at the link below and scroll down Kevin, there are thrust reversers' available but how much extra that might come to I don't know :dunno: unless some-one does.

http://flyhoneycomb.com/bravo-throttle-quadrant-2/

Will have to wait a bit though, too many things have come up on our list of to do's around the home. :wall:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

Looks nice but I'd want to see a few reviews before splashing out $500 canadian + shipping + import duty, I would also need to find a set of rudder peddles, that's more expense, I still use my x52 it's getting old but work fine.

Robbie.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

I'm with you Robbie. SWMBO would doubtless clout me over the head if I spent anymore in the near future having just spent over $700 on Graphics card and more memory just so as I can buy P3Dv4. They just don't understand. :Dance:
Alex

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I've signed up for their newsletter. From what I can gather, this gear is going to be available in the U.K. by the end of the year. However, I too will wait till I've read some reviews and user experiences.