X-Plane 11 My Verdict

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: X-Plane 11 My Verdict

Post by Nigel H-J »

That's brilliant, many thanks for the links......Oh dear, where the hell do you place it in Lua? The one for the brake lever function? :help:

It's OK, should have read a bit further down that thread as someone else and asked the same question, now sorted :excited:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

If you want FSUIPC for X-Plane there is an app called XPUIPC. I know the FSA staff recommend using it with the FSA client for X-Plane users, I don't know if it supports the types of customization of the site the way FSUIPC does from inside the sim.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Joe and many thanks though when I downloaded it a few weeks ago I could not get it to work, will have a browse around the net and see if I can find anything about it, if successful will let you know.

Regards
Nigel.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Nigel, on the FSA forum they have a link to a newer version of XPUIPC on this post, maybe it will work better.

https://forum.fsairlines.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9287
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Joe, many thanks for the link, got it to work but going to have to read the instructions for it so I can find out how as in FSUIPC, I can slope the controls,so that for the heavies I can add a slight delay in response to control inputs on ailerons,unless of course you've already been there and done it........ hint hint!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Ok, apart from now having to reinstall X-Plane 11 after a big problem with my computer, I was flying yesterday in the circuit at East Midlands Airport in the twin engine Cessna, saw an airliner in on final approach as I was flying crosswind then turned behind the airliner from about one mile and started my approach, my god!!! X Plane have even programmed in wake turbulence!!! :-O Was not clear air turbulence or even gusts of wind as I was actually following his descent. So just a warning for those going for X-Plane 11..............Keep your distance!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Version 11.20 is now available. Not much of interest in the update for me other than improved night lighting.

In other news, I've been using XPRealistic Pro from the .org store.
A cracking enhancement but I find adjusting autopilot controls quite fiddly with the view changing as it does.
I was considering purchasing a Logitech/Saitek Multi Panel but instead downloaded an app called XP Remote onto my phone.

Far easier to change a multitude of autopilot settings now.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

After much humming and hawing, and looking at the space requirements, I finally opted to go with HD mesh v4 to upgrade the already quite impressive base scenery. All of South America (plus the UK) takes up 22GB, whereas Ortho for Brazil alone is 20 times that size. The results are pretty damn good, and with one or two specific Ortho areas I think I have the best of both worlds without killing frame rates.

One thing I have noticed is that smaller airfields are much harder to pick out from the surrounding terrain than FSX, so you need to position yourself accurately on approach.

My one and only payware aircraft so far is the Aerobask Diamond DA62, which is pretty damn good. Since I bought it I haven't flown anything else, it has taken the place of the RealAir Turbine Duke that I was so fond of in FSX. The same company has a Pipistrel Panthera which looks like it might be my RealAir Lancair Legacy replacement, so the move to X Plane 11 is proving to have been a good one. I wonder if they could be persuaded to do a Spitfire too?

TTFN

http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-pla ... cenery-v4/

http://www.aerobask.com/DA62.php
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

My one and only payware aircraft so far is the Aerobask Diamond DA62, which is pretty damn good.
Just had a look at that from your link, have not been able to make up my mind which a/c to purchase be it a single engine or twin but now after viewing that I will probably opt in for it ready for when True Earth England. All flying will be around 2,000ft from then on!! :lol:

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Snap! :)

The Carenado PC-12 is also great to buzz around in.

A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.