Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: X-Plane 11 My Verdict

Post by Nigel H-J »

Snap! :)
What are you guys doing to me? :poke: :lol:

Haven't yet started on downloading X Plane too busy trying to put all my software back in. :cpu:

Great screen shots of the Carenado, I have heard they fly extremely well in X Plane so may have to make an exception and buy two instead of just one!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

As long as you don't come looking for me when you're eating Pot Noodles for dinner each night because of your X-Plane outlay :lol:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

If you're looking for something from Carenado, I recommend the Cessna 337 Skymaster. It's an interesting design and flies beautifully in P3D, so no doubt it does the same in X-Plane. One of my all-time favourite aircraft. :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

As long as you don't come looking for me when you're eating Pot Noodles for dinner each night because of your X-Plane outlay :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I recommend the Cessna 337 Skymaster.
Thanks Paul, will look into that.

Regards
Nigel.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Before you do commit, another one worth looking at which was also my first purchase for X-Plane is the Carenado Dornier 228.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Before you do commit, another one worth looking at which was also my first purchase for X-Plane is the Carenado Dornier 228.
Certainly will do, got a feeling that the list of must haves' is going to get longer and decisions made harder. :lol:

All suggestions greatly appreciated, may well have to get pieces of paper with individual a/c on them and just draw out of a hat as to which one to buy!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

I finally had time to sit in front of my computer and get some hours in, so I opted to fly from São Paulo to Tres Lagoas (Three Lakes in English), a town I know well from working there several times. I also have Ruifo's freeware airport for my destination, which despite using only standard library items is also pretty good. The main idea was to check out the freeware HD Mesh v4 that I recently installed, to see what difference it makes and if it's worth the download.

In short, yes it is :)

Roads are where they should be, and are good enough to follow for navigation. Rivers are great and the land coverage is much improved.

Inbound, still on the SP side of the Parana River. The roundabout is spot on, and the road leads across the dam, just as it should. You can even see the power pylons from the hydroelectric plant.

Overhead the airport, with the three lakes that give the town it's name in view (The name Two Ponds and a Puddle didn't catch on for some reason 8) ). Again pretty good, it's not photoreal but it is a good representation.

I don't know how well HD Mesh works in Europe, but Europe is normally better served than South America so it could be a good option (and being free it keeps Nigel off the pot noodles ;) ). The space requirements are much lower, frame rates aren't compromised and in most cases it works well.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Wonderful screenshots alemaobaiano and the scenery looks fantastic.

but Europe is normally better served than South America so it could be a good option (and being free it keeps Nigel off the pot noodles ).
Just holding off as don't know if I install Europe, would it affect installing True Earth England when it comes out? *-) Have to try and get myself clued up on adding scenery sometime when I have a bit more time in hand.

On the subject of X-Plane, I have come across a problem and still awaiting advice on how to get round it. After reinstalling Win10 then X-Plane 11 it downloaded to the recent update but I can no longer access the customize Weather icon and one other user has also found the same problem. I can still use the slider but that is no good as I need to adjust wind direction/speed etc. Any of you with the latest update having the same problem?

Hoping for some positive feedback.

Regards
Nigel.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

This window?

No issues for me.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Yep, that window!! :lol:

Put a question up in X-Plane Question and Answer Site and there was another user who has the same problem as me but found a workaround.

In the Graphics Settings in X Plane select windowed mode then back to full screen and it now works but has to be done everytime X Plane is fired up which is no hardship so panic and pot noodles put aside!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.