Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: X-Plane 11 My Verdict

Post by Paul K »

DaveG wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 21:09
Must.......resist......
Me too, but for how much longer ? There are things 'in the pipeline' from LM ( Prepared v5 possibly ) but X-Plane looks excellent and I'm enjoying the demo. Oh NIgel H-J..what have you done ?? :lol:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I really like the default aircraft!
Lovely screen shots Bjoern, the default aircraft are far superior to those in FSX and the Stinson is one of my favourites.
Me too, but for how much longer ? There are things 'in the pipeline' from LM ( Prepared v5 possibly ) but X-Plane looks excellent and I'm enjoying the demo. Oh NIgel H-J..what have you done ?? :lol:
I did nothing, just put my opinion on X Plane 11 in writing.......that's all!! :lol:

Go on Paul, for a 35% reduction you can't get better than that and just think of all the freeware (in payware quality) add-ons especially Bens' least favourite aircraft, the BBJ x737-800 including that of the free Aerobask Robin.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

There is undoubtedly some high quality freeware available, but the main thing that's holding me back at the moment is the lack of the sort of aircraft I like to fly (mainly military) that are of comparable quality to what I have for P3d already.
Dave G.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

I was tempted by that Tonka but I rarely have time to fly anything with any kind of learning curve at the moment. If I can push the throttles open and it leaves the ground and gets down again in a reasonably controlled manner that will do me for now. I will probably get after the summer has gone!

Don't forget the freeware scenery - all you need is time and space. Dr Who would be well set!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel H-J wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 14:16
Go on Paul, for a 35% reduction you can't get better than that and just think of all the freeware (in payware quality) add-ons especially Bens' least favourite aircraft, the BBJ x737-800 including that of the free Aerobask Robin.
Sorry Nigel, but I've already got a perfectly serviceable 737 to annoy Ben with, in P3D. ;) :lol:

I must say, I really am torn. I won't be taking advantage of the Steam sale this time round, but will continue to keep an eye on this thread and the various Youtube X-Plane channels I've signed up to. :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

must say, I really am torn. I won't be taking advantage of the Steam sale this time round, but will continue to keep an eye on this thread and the various Youtube X-Plane channels I've signed up to. :)
I can see where you are coming from Paul. It took me quite a while to decide which way to go and even then I wondered whether I had made the right decision when I bought X Plane 11 but as you already know, I am pleased I did.

Basically it all comes down to what suits you best and more especially if you have a number of aircraft in P3D and don't want to lose them.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Charlie Bravo wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 08:04
Last night I removed the HD Mesh. Whilst my frame rates were ok, I wanted to get better performance, especially when flying the IXEG 737 which is fairly resource hungry.
The frame rate is substantially better so I'll see how I feel as I fly as to whether I want the HD Mesh back or not.

I've still got X-Europe 2 installed so the overall look of the landscape is still ok.

The joys of flying on a laptop!
Have you tried this?
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... th-flying/
Works wonders on my laptop!

Reflections at minimum and visual effects at medium also improves performance.

DaveG wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 16:00
There is undoubtedly some high quality freeware available, but the main thing that's holding me back at the moment is the lack of the sort of aircraft I like to fly (mainly military) that are of comparable quality to what I have for P3d already.
Have something that MSFS doesn't have then...
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... ar-gr1zip/

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I did try that Jaguar in the demo sas it happens. :lol:
Dave G.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Yep, tried the 3jfps thing and didn't like it much. It was fairly easy to see what was being taken away to bring the frames up and I thought, if I want to fly like that, I may as well just reduce those bits in the settings anyway.

The HD Mesh is brilliant in places whereas some other areas don't seem to benefit much. I'll see how I get on.

I'm also having some issues with Little Nav Map at present. Since the update released recently, my approaches seem to have gone to pot.
I may message the creator to see if I'm doing something wrong.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.