FSX Acceleration - Cannot Register Product!

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

FSX Acceleration - Cannot Register Product!

Post by Nigel H-J »

Got round to installing Acceleration for FSX and when I started the game a box came up with:

We're sorry, an unexpected error occurred which is preventing product activation from being completed.

ERROR CODE: 1-80004005

More information about this problem may be available online.
Would you like to view this information now?

When I had the same problem after installing FSX I changed the settings to Administrator and it worked fine, was able to register FSX but now I am unable to do the same with Acceleration. I have set compatibility mode to Win7 undid Administrator settings then reapplied them after a computer restart but still it refuses to do anything. Am beginning to think this is a Win 10 problem as never had this amount of trouble before so if anyone can come up with a magical solution I would be extremely grateful.

Even though I have X Plane 11 I still want to fly my classic aircraft as well as utilising all Orbx Sceneries that I have paid out for. If this is a Win 10 problem I am having then Win 10 really sucks, should have stayed with Win7 :wall:

Sorry, rant over for now.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: FSX Acceleration - Cannot Register Product!

Post by Nigel H-J »

Done it!!!

Went through the internet searching for my problem and finally found the solution: It was down to a registry setting in FSX, in the UpperFilters section PartMgr was in lower case whereas it should have shown as 'PartMgr' this is why it came up with the error message for activation. Should anyone have the same problem with FSX Acceleration after a reinstall of FSX in Win10 then type in regedit in the search box near Windows Icon and go through the folders listed below:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Where it is written UpperFilters if it reads 0 then change it to PartMgr, if Partmgr is all lower case then change the P and M to higher case.

Hope this helps if anyone else suffers the same problems.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.