Nvidia problem

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Nvidia problem

Post by simondix »

I am using P3dv4 with a Nvidia 770GTX and keep getting a crash with black screen saying Nvidia problem DXGI_Card hung. Don't know what is causing itcan anybody help
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Re: Nvidia problem

Post by adysmith »

Update the card drivers?

Or if you have recently done that roll back to previous version?
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Hi Simon, from a Google search DXGI appears to be a DirectX issue and normally related to driver problems. Does the problem occur in a particular part of P3D or on start up? If on start up do you have the option to start with a scenario or something other than the default? In any event try uninstalling your drivers completely and reinstalling from scratch. That seems to be what most other people have done and with positive results.

Regards,
Chris

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks for the answers I have not tried to start with the default flight but have uninstalled the drivers once. I will try again. By the way it does not appear to happen with FSX Steam.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Just done a 2hour+ flight in Steam and no problem. Looking at Geforce Experience there are things like 3D Vision Controller and PhysX installed separately from the Graphics card. Are they necessary and if not can they safely be removed?
Simon

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Although it's probably not needed in p3d I don't think I would be removing any software installed by nvidia. My guess is its driver related
I had problems with the on board graphics adapter driver causing dxdiag to load up after exiting p3d I couldn't see why this was and on exiting dxdiag, p3d would restart. Fortunately this usually only happened once and on shutting p3d down again, dxdiag didn't reappear. Updating the onboard drives seemed to cure any reoccurring
Dale
Image Image Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks for the reply Just done a 49 minute flight in P3D in Norway Orbx scenery and not hung the sim. Did not use real weather or ATC though. I will gradually add things. Hopefully left the drivers on factory settings so that may have helped.
Simon

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Just let you know I had a look at the SOH forum and saw what they said. I have dumped all my Nvidia programmes except the Graphics Driver and the Audio Driver. I have had no hang ups since and I did detect an improvement, but not a lot, in frame rates.
Simon