Bombing with the FCS Lancaster

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Bombing with the FCS Lancaster

Post by hobby »

Now I have modified the above aircraft so that the GPS can be used we must now explore the possibilities of "bombing" with the aircraft.

I see that Ross Mclennan and others have modified another Canadian Lancaster which can drop bombs.

Has any forum member tried to or succeeded in adding a bombing capability to the FCS Lancaster? I'd certainly be interested in hearing of any problems or successes.

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Bombing with the FCS Lancaster

Post by hobby »

Last night I managed to successfully fit a bomb ripple release switch (acbmbsw.zip) to the FCS Lancaster to which I had already added Chris Sykes weaponsx.zip, British Weapons only.

With Chris Sykes weapons zip it is imperative that one installs the files via the FSX root file - if you try to install the working parts of the file directly into their final homes you may get the impression that you have the correct weapons loaded but you won't be able to release them by pressing 'shift +D'. If you install your required files via the root of FSX you'll have as many bombs as you wish.

My trusty navigator "Mr GPS v6" took me along the purple line, loch by loch, from RAF Kinloss to the north coast of Scotland before making the straight run into the range at Cape Wrath. Bombs released from 6,000' and a quick reverse of course and dive to 50' took me back to the north coast and my run in to the aiming point. Success! My stick of 14 x 1000lbs lay in a line with fire and smoke aplenty. It does take a little while for the effects of the bomb release to show up but the effects look very good.

Recovered to Stornoway successfully.

I had looked forward to more testing today but alas my FSX has Gone! Help needed to achieve a W10 re-install of FSX.

That may be all for some time folks!